Share This Page:

Have any of you guys?

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
nel

Have any of you guys?

Post by nel »

Have any of you lads used this training manual- http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... oh_product. I just wanted to know if it was worth buying for the routines it has in it, and also the author is ex- RM PTI so I expect it to be top quality phys. Just wanted to know anyones views on it if they have one.

Thanks.
GunnerBhoy

Post by GunnerBhoy »

Bought it just before xmas, its full of great information and a decent looking programme.

Injured at the minute but looking forward to getting stuck into it soon, definately the one of the better books of its type in my opinion mate.
nel

Post by nel »

cheers matey, does it have nutritional information in it aswell as phys information?
GunnerBhoy

Post by GunnerBhoy »

Yes mate its got a chapter about diet and nutrition.
wilkins_1

Post by wilkins_1 »

I haven't read that one, but I would recommend http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fighting-Fit-Co ... gy_b_img_c
Its an excellent informing book with no bull
nel

Post by nel »

Cheers for the reference i'll definately have a look into it.
Johhny_O

Post by Johhny_O »

Hi pal, if I were you I wouldn't buy the book when theres is so much free information easily available online with regards to fitness and training of all kinds whether it is for military purposes or not. Im a fully qualified gym instructor and PT and used to spend loads of money on books to help improve my knowledge and it was all wasted because its all free online, even websites such magazines as muscle and fitness, mens health or mens fitness have loads of really usefull articles and programs for you to use or just the fitness app on the royal marines website is bang on, hope this helps
nel

Post by nel »

Cheers for the advice matey, I bought it more for its nutritional tips and just how to put together a good training program, I got it today and have finished reading it and I agree I probably could have got the knowledge for free, although now i've got it and used it to put together a training program that im going to trial for the next 6 weeks and then I can fully say wether or not it was a waste of money, however the information on nutrition is what I needed in order to get a grip of it. Cheers for the comments lads :D