Share This Page:

back, wrapped my t*ts in week 15

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
lodgi

back, wrapped my t*ts in week 15

Post by lodgi »

I got to week 15 in training and decided it wasn't for me. I had a lot of good times in those short 14/15 weeks and It was hard to leave all the lads but I know its the right decision. I just thought Id post a message, as I used this site a lot before I joined up.

I'd be happy to answer any questions on what phase 1 trainin is like or life down there generally for me.
Tartan_Terrier

Post by Tartan_Terrier »

Sorry to hear it lodgi, I suspect that you may regret this decision later in life.

Why did you decide it wasn't for you?

Regards
T_T
rc

Post by rc »

Alright Mate.

Sorry to hear that !

What made you decide to leave ?

What are you planning on doing in future ?

Rich.
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

Fair enough mate, you can't really know until you're there. Some people just realise they don't want the life, can't really blame them!

Having been there and given it a shot much better than never trying though :wink:
Riggsy

Post by Riggsy »

Nice one for getting soo far mate!

What happend on the weekends? Still training?
mfat_man

Re: back, wrapped my t*ts in week 15

Post by mfat_man »

lodgi wrote:I got to week 15 in training and decided it wasn't for me. I had a lot of good times in those short 14/15 weeks and It was hard to leave all the lads but I know its the right decision. I just thought Id post a message, as I used this site a lot before I joined up.

I'd be happy to answer any questions on what phase 1 trainin is like or life down there generally for me.
Sorry to hear that but better to do it now rather than let people down in the field.
Artist

Re: back, wrapped my t*ts in week 15

Post by Artist »

lodgi wrote:I got to week 15 in training and decided it wasn't for me. I had a lot of good times in those short 14/15 weeks and It was hard to leave all the lads but I know its the right decision. I just thought Id post a message, as I used this site a lot before I joined up.

Took Bottle, Good on you.

Artist
ali_hire

Post by ali_hire »

You already achieved what the majority of the population wouldn't fit enough, brave enough or determined enough to do by getting yourself down there.

A good friend of mine who used to come on here opted out after 22 weeks as well and he hasn't regretted it.

It's not for everyone and at least you can say you tried and didn't like it rather than never having tried and regretted it.
Aways look on the bright side of life.
Chas

Post by Chas »

Good luck in future. :lol:
No doubt you will have gained something worthwhile
during your brief sojourn. This should leave you in
good stead. :wink:

Chas. :evil:
RM., Colonial Police & Queen's Regt HSF.
euro_andrew

Post by euro_andrew »

Unlucky mate.. what happened??

I get pretty threaders with it aswell mate.. wanted to hand in my chit many a' times.

Did you pass baptist run?

- Andy
Just Lie back and think of England.

AFCO 17 - Oct [b]Here I come![/b]
lodgi

Post by lodgi »

euro_andrew wrote:Unlucky mate.. what happened??

I get pretty threaders with it aswell mate.. wanted to hand in my chit many a' times.

Did you pass baptist run?

- Andy
I just felt like it wasn't quite what I wanted. I felt as though I was doing it for the sake of it, for the challenge rather than for the job afterwards.

I didnt do baptist run andrew, I opted out the morning before. I miss seeing all the lads, but I dont miss anything else about it. I feel I've made the right decision and don't think I'll be going back.

But all the best to everyone down there, good luck with it. Don't quit just because you're threaders. It will pass.