Share This Page:

Got to week 9, now out of training!

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Daveboots

Post by Daveboots »

Yep, I can see where you are coming from. I left training two years ago because of the same reasons, with the heavy time commitment, and having an understanding how busy the Corps life would be. I felt I needed more time before I can commit to something so important.
I will be going back, Not just yet, But most likely in the next year or two, I will be making my final stop :)
Macca

Post by Macca »

Fairy-dust I would have definitely carried on but who knows whether I would have passed the 32 weeks of training, I felt confident on getting far and probably wouldn't give up easily and do my best to pass but something could always come up un-expected mate :)
Fairy_Dust

Post by Fairy_Dust »

Yea Macca, realise it's pretty impossible to say if you could of made it or not, but if you didn't get an injury and family business and home life was OK, do you think that you would of? Like no mental distractions.

I find it hard to get my head around it because I've not been there, like
I'm guessing half way through training all the lads will be fit as possible and can take most of the pain that is getting dished out, I wonder what it is that makes people fail. No disrespect if it's coming across that way. It's hard to explain, but I thought once you get to that level of fitness that nothing will stop you. Apart from injury, or family troubles.

I can understand why some people leave because they think maybe they're biting off more than they can chew at the time.

Well respect to you mate, if you want that career, you'll get it some day when you're ready.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjVbqJIAw-k
JCAP3

Post by JCAP3 »

PAGreenwell wrote:I don't think it's the the phys, I think it's the constant mental pressure that causes some lads to think again, I would assume it affects the younger guys more and realising it isn't for you and vowing to return when you feel you're up to it is a very mature and sensible thing to do.

These are just my thoughts, I'm only in the very early stages of RMR training myself so I'm just making an educated guess.

Good luck with the rest of your plans.
You hit the nail on the head there. The pressure gets to you quickly.
[url=http://www.mfat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15310][b]My PRMC Diary[/b][/url]
SNiDE

Post by SNiDE »

I recently opted out too, in week 6. Slight regrets, but I really couldn't do it at this stage of my life. Perhaps when older and wiser; sad to leave the troop though