Share This Page:

Laptops & Internet

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Darren82

Laptops & Internet

Post by Darren82 »

Is there wireless internet these days at CTC, and for that matter at the units?
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

There is an internet cafe at CTCRM I think (if I can remember from the booklets i got from the AFCO).
degrees of passion

Post by degrees of passion »

May be a silly question but does anyone take laptops to CTC?I know its not the place but personally i spend alot of my spare time on one pissing about with music etc,or is it too risky and anti-social taking one?
Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour'
fubar84

Post by fubar84 »

I know the majority of YO's had laptops, but they have there own rooms in the mess. I think it's likely that a lot of the recruits in RT have laptops, probably when they're out of foundation and into the four man rooms. The diamonds we spoke to on PRMC said that some lads had chipped in a bought TV's for the rooms etc.. so I think its probably ok to do. Then again it would depend somewhat on your training team as well.

Probably the best plan off attack is to wait until you get there and get a feel for your training team, place etc... It's only a few weeks until families day and then they can bring it for you.
POC: Passed 21 June '06
AIB: Passed 28 June '06
AIB round 2: Failed!
PRMC: 26 June '07: Passed
RT: 24th Sept '07
Week 27 - Final Ex after Easter leave - blargh
Mrs Bevell of the AIB is still officially the nicest lady in the world.
Jonse

Post by Jonse »

I wouldnt take on your first day of training, wait till familys day so your 6 man room, because there will be no point in foundation!
953 TP
JCAP3

Post by JCAP3 »

Christ, keep ALL personal belongings the hell away from c@#t the first 3 weeks are over. It does depend on your training team though - we were allowed to play loud music from one of those IPOD speakers in foundation and nothing was said. You don't have time for any of that to begin with and if you do, you're obviously not helping your oppos with their admin are ya?

Also theres just no room to keep that kind of thing because the bed lockers are far too small.
[url=http://www.mfat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15310][b]My PRMC Diary[/b][/url]
Ty

Post by Ty »

Im coming from Canada, so family day will be shit for me lol. Guess Im gonna have to lug my laptop with me. The laptop will be my family day lol.
All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing