Share This Page:

Hunter Company

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
maritime_marine

Hunter Company

Post by maritime_marine »

When your in RT how long do you have to have been there for to be able to be put into Hunter if you get injured? When in hunter is their a time limit with how long you can be there?
RT 8th October
Second Place is the First Loser.
Hankins

Post by Hankins »

alright mate, let me start with the fact that you shouldn't be wanting to go to hunter at any time during training, but to answer your question you can go there from any point when you start training and the time you spend there depends on the severity of the injury and some people have been in hunter for over a year, how do you think people stay in training for 3 years, its partly because their shit but also because at times they were injured.
40 Cmdo
Never Ever give up
Taking life one step at a time...
maritime_marine

I was just wondering because i hear about Hunter but didnt know anything about it. Its good to get an insight on everything before hand. Thanks for the good reply.
RT 8th October
euro_andrew

Post by euro_andrew »

Mate back in foundation we had guys going to hunter after 1-2 weeks. And as was said. You DONT want to goto hunter, especially now as there is a new Colour Sargent in charge and aparantly he is trying to make life veery hard for the guys in there. Yesturday we saw a nod from hunter having to yomp round the bottom field with his bergan for 2 hours non stop.

The reason why they do it is you get loads of guys pretending their injured going in just to get a rest from training.

- Andy
Just Lie back and think of England.

AFCO 17 - Oct [b]Here I come![/b]
MadAd

Post by MadAd »

Thats weak!!! and these guys want to be Marines????? I feel sorry for the boys who really are injured!
chak

Post by chak »

andrew you beefer i saw you eyeing up hunter en route to puzzle palace today...better not be gettin ideas :wink:
euro_andrew

Post by euro_andrew »

Sean you jack barstard!

lol I want a bit of hunter loving.
Just Lie back and think of England.

AFCO 17 - Oct [b]Here I come![/b]
chak

Post by chak »

its not jack :roll: remember its jaark barstard :wink: :wink:

cant wait till he gets on regains after hiding in sick bay, especially over the oggin :lol:
Greg The Great

Post by Greg The Great »

euro_andrew wrote: And as was said. You DONT want to goto hunter, especially now as there is a new Colour Sargent in charge and aparantly he is trying to make life veery hard for the guys in there. Yesturday we saw a nod from hunter having to yomp round the bottom field with his bergan for 2 hours non stop.
- Andy
What a load of bollocks.

Thers is no Colour Sergeant.

Have you considered that the guy yomping round bottom field for two hours may have been doing it to get fit and back into training - which is what Hunter is all about? You honestly think a recruit who is/has been injured is going to get that as a punishment?

People slating Hunter gets on my tits. Yes, you do get loafers who can't be bothered but 90% (if not more) of the guys in Hunter are there because they have to be.

I'm in Hunter for the second time - both times due to injury. I've met some of the keenest and best lads in Hunter as it tends to be lads from the later stages of phase two of training where most of the shite has opted out or been backtrooped.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to get out of the place and get out of Lympchvitz but Hunter serves a purpose and it works.

Regards,
Greg.
Never chop wood in a rubber dinghy.
Darren82

Post by Darren82 »

I was in Hunter post-tests so my 2 troop phys was yomping around the bottom field for 2 hours.

This was a preparation for final exercise. Believe me if the RI's want to thrash you in Hunter the last thing they would do would be a yomp.
maritime_marine

Some people say that they've been MD for bad shins and others say they got put in hunter, how do they decide on what you will do?
RT 8th October
Dave_1987

Post by Dave_1987 »

How long would you stay in Hunter for bad shins?
RM Recruit Training 2nd March 09
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

I'm guessing it depends on how bad you're shins are... if they are split in two I’m guessing a lot longer than if they have a little bit of swelling there :lol:

Someone who broke a arm is going to spend much more time in hunter compared to someone who broke a finger... Having not been into training I couldn't say for sure this is all just a guess really, seems to make since to me. :P

Stokey
druadan

Post by druadan »

'Bad shins' is not a medical condition. Each case is treated individually, if you are not going to recover and become fit for service you will be MDd, if they think you have a good chance of full recovery they will treat you as they see fit.

I was in Hunter for 10 weeks at wk31 after I smashed my foot in three places on my tests. Hated every second, constant bullshit if you weren't doing phys, gave me the motivation to stay fit whilst foot was broken on bikes and cross trainer, resulting in walking through tests less than 2 weeks after I was allowed to run again. It's a great tool and it does it's job.
maritime_marine

If you get MDd how long do you have to wwait until you can re-aply, is there a set time period?
RT 8th October