Share This Page:

Endurance Course

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
torqueset

Post by torqueset »

So have you passed the POC then?
_chris

Post by _chris »

Don't they carry shovels round to get people out with if this a problem. And I think I remember someone on here, I don't know who, saying the water tunnels have drains at the bottom and can be quickly drained if someones gets themselves trapped.
druadan

Post by druadan »

kaneda, first off your sig is shite, recommend you change it; you've been reading a bit too much B20 by the looks of things.

Second, you won't get stuck in the water tunnels, there's nothing to get caught on. And you've got a bloke either end to pull you out if you do. By that stage you trust your mates. There is a sluice gate that makes the pool the tunnels are in, I imagine opening it would drain it pretty quick.

Third, elbow and knee pads?! :evil:

Fourth, smarty tubes, tight squeeze but perfectly possible. They're meant to be hard.

Fifth, without being able to put my finger on anything other than the general tone of your posts, you sound too immature to even consider POC. You will be leading the best soldiers this country has to offer. IMHO suggest a couple more years life experience first.
Rhyno13

Post by Rhyno13 »

To do POC I'm pretty sure you need to have a certain amount of UCAS poitns anyway (dont think you need degree) but maybe a couple of A-Levels, in which case you'll have to wait a couple of years anyway if you're only 16!
_chris

Post by _chris »

You can do POC at 16 in order to gain sponsorship through college/uni, but yeah you need to complete college to get the UCAS points required in order to start training. They do recomend a degree. Most people on the course so I was told would be 20+, meaning those at 16 have to be very mature for ther age.
Last edited by _chris on Wed 21 Mar, 2007 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg The Great

Post by Greg The Great »

druadan wrote:Third, elbow and knee pads?! :evil:
Druadan, 925 Troop were issued trial knee pads for bottom field and were allowed to use them on the endurance course....

Greg.
Never chop wood in a rubber dinghy.
mancuniankid

Post by mancuniankid »

Yeah 925 were the first to try out the knee pads and they used them for bottom field aswell. They were gash though apperantly the lads have told me.
PB's

1.5-8.43
3miler-18.41
Bleep Test -Lv 13
Press ups-64
Sit ups-84
Pull Ups-16
fodd

Post by fodd »

kanedaRMC not being funny mate but why worry about the endurance course when you still have so many hurdles to get over before you get there.
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
Jiml mix it

Post by Jiml mix it »

i did the endurance course on a college residential last year. It was just at the end of january and the ice on the sheep did had to be smashed, nice and cold. One lad broke his foot and another went into shock from the cold. I didn't have to many problems in the tunnels, i thought it was all good fun.
fodd

Post by fodd »

no worries mate keep the training up fella
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
yet_mae

Post by yet_mae »

Your thinking of joining the toughest mob in the military and your worried about a tunnel with water in it'?

I'd be more worried about the super hard physical exercise, when you have no saliva in your mouth, your dizzy as hell, each leg feels like it weighs a ton, your dizzy as shit, and you think your gonna throw up.

You shouldn't be worried about getting kicked or splashed in the face when your mates goin through the tunnel. Seems to be too many people (mainly kids) have been watching rambo and commando and seem more interested in how many their kit is going to look when they get it.

I think the only relevant thing to joining is your fitness and a MATURE attitude.
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

kanedaRMC wrote: im the Grey man ( seriously this is what im like)
Seriously, that's not what what I've seen so far. And despite advice I PM'd you I see your post count rising.

Now to the peanut gallery: before anyone tries to leap on this train and start hurling stuff, don't try it. If this begins to turn into a slagging match, this will end in tears.
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

I'm taking this to PM at this point.
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

kanedaRMC wrote:
Frank S. wrote:
kanedaRMC wrote: im the Grey man ( seriously this is what im like)
Seriously, that's not what what I've seen so far. And despite advice I PM'd you I see your post count rising.

Now to the peanut gallery: before anyone tries to leap on this train and start hurling stuff, don't try it. If this begins to turn into a slagging match, this will end in tears.
All my posts since you PM'd me the "advice" topic, have not in any way offended anyone or caused any ruckus etc :P i have just been commenting on every topic i find intresting and all if few of my posts are not just one liners and winks :) ;) ,anyway point noted Frank out of all due respect no one is that much a looser to have a slagging match on a forum even if they was RMC,Para,SAS, etc the only commando they are now is a keyboard commando :) heh

Cal
Such a smug attitute tell you what go out and do PRMC, pass RT or whatever and then come back and tell us how good you are or what a laugh this all is.

... Until then....