Share This Page:

very early start

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
In_Training

Post by In_Training »

Well i was just going on what the owner of my local gym told me and he has over 35yrs in the trade.

But hey its up to you, and if it turns out that I am wrong - then you still can't blame me for trying to let you know, was only trying to help after all

:-?
carfraec

Post by carfraec »

agreed - surley there is a reason why gyms and schools dont let people under 14 on the weights...?

But i dont know much about this so i shouldn't really comment :roll:
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Alright im going to attempt to end this one. :roll:

I would strongly recommend NOT training with weights until your at least 17 ok. In my experience i know people who started younger and busted themselves up. Now, whatever reason that was - they started too young and they didnt research enough into it before they went ahead with it or their bodies were still growing at a rapid rate and having other demands of growth placed on it that were not in the natural cycle could have messed them up - i dont know. Either way, they were too young to start in my opinion.

Sod all this 'research' crap. Anyone on here can post that but it still probably wont be an accurate ascessment of what your body is capeable of. Because when you actually look at alot of these studies, they dont follow the progress of the teen into maturity and its effects later on. My advice is to listen to people who are clued up on selection. Those being former and curent servicemen. OK?

IF you ARE going to weight train, dont even bother touching the iron until you know the correct FORM! If you dont - f*ck it off! Dont even bother! Im no expert but ive had 2-3years GOOD experience with this, and i have taken what i know from very experienced guys. One of them was the previous British Body Building Champion, after he won the british title he became a pro. Ive trained with these guys and around them - they know their stuff!!

Not everything works for everyone - the simple fact is that everyone is different so not everything will work the same way.

Now - bulking up. You dont have to be a big guy to get into the royal marines ok. All the former serving and serving have said it the best way it can be said - Having a 'PMA' (Positive Mental Attitude) is the best weapon you can have to push yourselve through because its what you will need!

If you have to put on weight im going to tell you how it is now - Say for example you were 10stone dripping wet as i was and you wanted to be 12stone. Then, you have to EAT and train like a 12 stone man! Its as simple as that!

When you take in more your body might not like it because it has to get used to packing it back in, but it will get used to it eventually and your stomach will expand.

The factors to growing are:

1) Training - TRAIN HARD! (good form, push yourself.)
2) Diet - EAT! EAT! EAT! (enough of the right stuff, high protien, lots of complex carbs.)
3) Mentality - PMA (keep going until you have achieved your goal)

Nothing more.

Its easier said than done, but from everything that has been said on here to what i have done, those are the things you need.

Once again, if in doubt, ask people in the know on here ok. Also, Search the form, its full of information ok.

Anyway, all the best.
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
ADDiction

Post by ADDiction »

Teenagers growth problems stem from injuries due to lifting ridiculous weight without proper form and caution. Manageable weights will only benefit a teen, providing he doesn't cause himself any harm. As for your growth plate theory :roll:. Growth plates close prematurely as a result of foreign testosterone levels in the body. Any 5,5 adolescent who believes testosterone supplements are the key to his sucess, will stay 5,5. Lifting weights, and increasing your own natural levels of testosterone will not diminish your growth as it all comes from you, and not out of syringe. That's why even ZMA is reccomended to teens, because it only contains natural ingredients designed to aid you in increasing testosterone levels. I think the myth of weight stunting comes from a teens bone density, and the obvious danger of potential spinal injuries.
carfraec

Post by carfraec »

Is there any way to "increase" your growth
ADDiction

Post by ADDiction »

If by "growth" you mean height, then no. I believe a few years back a psychotic lab man developed a steriod that would add a few inches to your height, he worked it through the bodybuilding industry, targeting short men. They all suffered a number of hideous side effects. The only way of growing tall is to make sure you have good solid sleep.
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

Is there any way to "increase" your growth
dont think so mate, i mean eating well is always going to help (im no expert) but i've heard lots of oily fish at young age is good, i've always eaten loads and am tall for my age, this is because my perents where never the type to feed me fish fingers they both love cooking and thats lead to me eating pritty much anything.
Proteen will help muscile growth and repair, im not shure weather it makes you grown in other ways though and i've also heard calcium is briliant for bone/teeth etc so a pint of milk in the morning should be good for you.

like i said im no expert but you arn't going to grow if you don't eat enough so train hard and eat the right stuff.

you and me both are only 14 and have plenty of growing to do be it in high of width but as you get older you will get taller and fill out its natural just don't bother your self with it. :D

stokey
ADDiction

Post by ADDiction »

That's a mature, confident, and secure attitude towards the matter

Well Done Stokey :)
carfraec

Post by carfraec »

It's easier for him to say that being tall - much appreciated Stokey, hhmm, aDDIction, i find sleeping very difficult, i can just never drop off

Cheers anyway guys - it;s a good help
Last edited by carfraec on Sat 10 Mar, 2007 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ADDiction

Post by ADDiction »

Ok I'm sensing you really are insecure about your height. Unless your a midget you'll be accepted for application. I can't quite remember the height requirements, I think they may be a minumum of 5,4-5,5 around about. Could be lower.
carfraec

Post by carfraec »

yep, im not overly worried about the selection on that front. But some guys treat me different becuase i am small. So usually it ends up them taking a few hits from me before they stop....

As i said i can find it hard to sleep.
eagleeye

Post by eagleeye »

carfraec wrote:As i said i can find it hard to sleep.
I find it hard to sleep sometimes, i weeze and i sound like i've got asthma and my Dr. doesn't know what it is, will i get throw out on medical terms because of this?
Eagle Eye
ADDiction

Post by ADDiction »

People will always discriminate against the small and skinny. If you read some of the posts on the forum you'll see how light those who pass out are. Those who rise above prejudice show complete self esteem. As for your sleeping, making sure you wind down easy in the evening. Apart from that all I can suggest are products probably not suited for your age.
eagleeye

Post by eagleeye »

Addiction, product?What product are you talking about?I've just read the thread through and I don't understand what you mean by product. :-? Eagle Eye
ADDiction

Post by ADDiction »

I was attempting not to list the names of sleep aids, because youngsters here a name of a supplement etc. and think that they are the answers to their problems. In many cases they are but only when they are used as instructed. I know of a 15 year old boy who couldn't sleep due to training, instead of changing his work out times, he was just happy to become dependant on sleeping pills.