Share This Page:

Families Day end of Week 3

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
yorkie321

Families Day end of Week 3

Post by yorkie321 »

If the Fams day is on a Friday.
Anyone know what time and what day recruits have to be back on camp?

Cheers.
Nickosx

Post by Nickosx »

either 2159 or 2359 sunday
Nick
KiloAlpha

Post by KiloAlpha »

I too have a question about family's day.

I noticed when at the AFCO for the RT Brief we were given a one way train ticket there, does the fact we dont have a train ticket back have anything to do with family's day with the idea in mind that you go home with your family on there expense?
I ask this as my family will not be attending. If someone could shed some light it would help alot.

Many Thanks
934 Troop

http://img403.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img403/295/1167174702sk2.smil
Nickosx

Post by Nickosx »

If you wish you will be given another rail warrent for travel that weekend, your tp sgt will sort it all out for you in week 3
Nick
GIB

Post by GIB »

we had to be back at 21:59 but we had to be back on the saturday night.. i exspect it will be the same...
Mind over matter
They don't mind, and we don't matter
Macca

Post by Macca »

Was just wondering what sort of things the families will be able to getting a good insight into on this day ie what sort of activities will be shown to them also how many family members/friends are you alound to invite. Any info would be much appreciated!! :D

cheers

Macca
Rover

Post by Rover »

Regarding the insight given to families, I would class this as excellent.

Very much a 'meet the team' day.

From the Company Commander, the Troop Training Team and the support staff.
Ask as many questions as you like, all areas are covered. Even those that you may have forgotten about.

Static display of kit, watch a gym session, drill demo--you may even have been volunteered to join in :wink: .

Visit the grotts. View the lower field, even a demo by a member of the training team of how to fall into the 'tank' :D . Even have a meal in the galley, not a rat pack in sight. :cry: :oops:

Trip around Hunter Troop, talk to those who know what it takes to beat the pain.

All in all if you know nothing about the Royal Marines before, after this day you will understand what it is that motivates to earn the Green Beret.

As regards how many you invite, it seems there is no set limit. Although there is no space for coaches in the car park. :D :D

Rover

PS: No money exchanged hands for the above. 8)
Macca

Post by Macca »

Thanks alot for that Rover thats really helped buddy :D . Abit more info to fire back at the girlfriend and family :lol:

cheers

Macca
Rover

Post by Rover »

Hello Macca,

Your family will be sent full details about two weeks prior.

Directions, local places to stay, times etc. All in a large envelope.
On the day they will also get the Training Team Orbat and a host of contact numbers.

They may think that you are joining, but they also become 'family'.

Just do not mention that all you seem to do for the first three weeks is wash clothes, iron and clean your room. :roll:
Otherwise they will only expect you to do all the ironing when you go home for your first LWE. :wink: :D :D

Good luck with RT.

Rover
Macca

Post by Macca »

cheers for that Rover very much appreciated :D also one more Q what time does family day finish?

cheers

Macca
Rover

Post by Rover »

Hello Macca,

The last period is an open forum, any questions you have for the Training Team then ask away.
:D

Look at around 15.30/16.00 ish ish. :o

Rover