Share This Page:

filling my pants

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
iareglenn

filling my pants

Post by iareglenn »

Sorry for this post, im probably just being a bit of a poof. Anyway spoke to AFCO today and they said i was on track for a PRMC early january that gives me 3 months. The level i am at so far is as follows:
3 mile - 24:48
press ups - 32
sit ups - 44
pull ups - 8

My question is, is 3 months adequate time to get these scores up to par, this is the reason im filling my pants, im hoping ill now get loads of replys saying three months is loads of time, but be truthful.
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Alright mate, providing you train correctly, your diet is good and you remain focused with a strong mental approach - you'll get there :wink:

Obviously it depends on you though.
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
rgj-rifleman

Post by rgj-rifleman »

Believe me i had a worst time than that and in two months managed a pb at 20:30, admittedly my upperbody was alot more developed than your current state but by janury you will see massive improvments depending on how dedicated to training you are.

Best of luck
Joined the Corps as a recruit in 2007, Still in today :D
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Sorry for this post, im probably just being a bit of a poof. Anyway spoke to AFCO today and they said i was on track for a PRMC early january that gives me 3 months. The level i am at so far is as follows:
3 mile - 24:48
press ups - 32
sit ups - 44
pull ups - 8

My question is, is 3 months adequate time to get these scores up to par, this is the reason im filling my pants, im hoping ill now get loads of replys saying three months is loads of time, but be truthful.
Think yourself lucky. I have 3 weeks to be able to run another 3 miles from the 2.5m I can do at the moment in 18 minutes (to be safe) and get 8 more sit ups ontop of my 72 I can currently do. But I'm going to do it. Why don't you do 50 sit-ups now, it's easy, I was unfit when I was 10 years old but I could do more the 44 sit-ups. Don't think of it as a bad thing, you are just not pushing yourself enough.
JoeAllen28

Post by JoeAllen28 »

Youll definatley get to that level mate so dont go buying yourself some new boxers yet! those scores are a good base to work from. my training was rubbish until i finished college in june. over the summer i really pushed myself training twice a day 5 days a week, every week (granted my social life was pretty much non existent, and i had to sacrifice a lot for it) but now im really starting to see diffeences in my body and my times/scores.

its all down to you, just beast yourself. when you wake up in the morning and feel aching from yesterdays training and you feel like a rest day just tell yourself that its got to be done - but dont injure yourself!

theres plenty of info on here about training so use that and by january youll be a machine :D

good luck and remember - "train hard, fight easy"

joe
Applied: January 06
Phycometric test: 14th Feb 06
Eye Test: 16th Feb 06
iareglenn

Post by iareglenn »

thanks alot lads, i knew that all really just needed some back up. tested myself again today, heres the results:
3 mile - 22:27
press ups - 35
sit ups - 51
pull ups - 9

Im really happy with the 3 mile time as i put in loads of effort into my running over the past two weeks, just gotta work on the pressups and sit ups a bit more, and now i know it just takes time and determination (and a bit of help from this forum), its reallly spurred me on and i cant wait for my prmc!
Thanks again.
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Good work mate, keep on surpasing those levels. Remember, 'Strength Of Mind' - keep that in mind, keep your eye on the goal and keep in mind what you're suffering for.

You're running toward something - don't look back otherwise you'll take your eye off the goal and you'll be beaten.

Wish you all the best, now..

Get stuck in there and attack it!
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
themattmeister

Post by themattmeister »

Also when you time your 3 miler do it in the morning after breakfast, that way it is harder your time won't be as good but it will be more like what you do at CTC. :wink:
the_trainee

Post by the_trainee »

Make sure u do some hill running with steep inclines and also try doing 5 mile runs at a less intense pace as you will suffer on prmc if u dont add the occasional longer run in your training plan
ali_hire

Post by ali_hire »

themattmeister wrote:Also when you time your 3 miler do it in the morning after breakfast, that way it is harder your time won't be as good but it will be more like what you do at CTC. :wink:
Roughly how long is there between breakfast and the 3 miler? One thing I'm really not good with is running to soon after eating, I usually end up feeling/being sick.
Aways look on the bright side of life.
JCAP3

Post by JCAP3 »

themattmeister wrote:Also when you time your 3 miler do it in the morning after breakfast, that way it is harder your time won't be as good but it will be more like what you do at CTC. :wink:
You are using fat as an energy source rather than carbs. I wouldn't recommend a hard workout straight after breaky.
fodd

Post by fodd »

lol i remember eating eggs in the galley before a bottom feild session they didnt last long in my stomach lol 5 times around the assault coarse cos some lad couldnt do it in 5 mins in fighting order lol sweet memories
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

ali_hire wrote:
Roughly how long is there between breakfast and the 3 miler? One thing I'm really not good with is running to soon after eating, I usually end up feeling/being sick.

Hah, this brings back fond memories of a disrupted training plan that lead to some bright sparks idea to bring a BPFA to half an hour after breakfast. Little warm up, pressups to get things started, some nice situps to get a good mix then a best effort 1.5 miles to rediscover breakfast.

I think out of maybe 30 bods, only a handful didnt barf.
SP

The line between BS and PC is thin and blurry