Share This Page:

Trainers Issued during RT????

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
SYKES

Trainers Issued during RT????

Post by SYKES »

Hey guys, just a quick question to those who are currently in training or have recent experience of it.

What are the trainers issued down at CTCRM for RT. Are they the much-dreaded HiTec Silver shadows? I hear that they are terrible for picking up injuries. Just wondering if recruits are allowed to bring their own as I am very shin splint prone when on concrete! :(

Its no biggie, just something that I've been wonderign about.

Thanks in advance fellas!

SYKES

'Gentlemen, I'm not sayin that this will be the easiest party we've ever attended... but I certainly wouldn't miss it for the world.'
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

yep i'm afraid it's those hi-tec jobs as i seen them when i done my PRMC, i'm not sure if you are allowed to wear your own though, i hope so, as i previously had problems with my shins and don't wan't them coming back
PRMC 25th July 06 Passed
RT 18th September 06 929 Tp
MD'd after week 19

now in process of joining RMR
druadan

Post by druadan »

Nope, you wear the Shadows. If you develop shin problems see the meds ASAP and you 'should' get squared away with some orthotics. You may get issued Lowa boots instead of the combat '95 standard issue if they deem it will help your situation. You don't do a massive amount of running on concrete (a fair bit obviously, but not loads), I'd worry more about how they'll hold up when you're speed marching in boots with weight on. Like I said, any problems start to develop get them checked ASAP and hopefully you'll nip it in the bud.
tomharto30

Post by tomharto30 »

Sorry to drag up an old tread fellas, but on my kit list for RT its says you need to take a pair of trainers, but, as it says above you get issued a pair of shadows, so why do you need to take your own?
We are what we do
t_o_m_!

Post by t_o_m_! »

u have to take a pair of your own gym trainers to start with cause u dont get issued the silver shadows until like ur 2nd day , i cant memba but i think i only wore my trainers i bought from home about twice then u wear the silver shadows.

cheers
927 troop all the way!
tomharto30

Post by tomharto30 »

Is that the same for the sports kits?
We are what we do
t_o_m_!

Post by t_o_m_! »

ye u take your own pt rig down with ya n thn u get issued the recruit pt rig, just take bout 2 sets of pt rig and u shud be fine :D
927 troop all the way!
Hankins

Post by Hankins »

yea i agree with tom there, i think that they are the crappiest shoes on earth, even our pt instructor agreed with us. But once your parents come down to see you during your 3rd week you can just send your trainers home with them ebcause then there is no need, im not taking mine back.
40 Cmdo
Never Ever give up
Taking life one step at a time...
Shuttleworth

Post by Shuttleworth »

hi-tec silver shadows :cry:
Re-Join Date: 25th June 2007
tomharto30

Post by tomharto30 »

Ok, cheers for clearing that up for me fellas.
We are what we do
Hankins

Post by Hankins »

tomharto30 wrote:Ok, cheers for clearing that up for me fellas.
Anything for you mrs. heart
40 Cmdo
Never Ever give up
Taking life one step at a time...
Tugg

Post by Tugg »

Shuttleworth wrote:hi-tec silver shadows :cry:
AHEM! Hi-Tec Silver CHADows :lol: (but theyre free and you have an endless supply, im not on a fashion parade when goin for a run) 8)
TUGG
cruicent
Location: Somehow ended up in Slough.../Back in sunny Lympstone

Post by cruicent »

Theyre crap? Wasnt there a post a while back with a bunch of people thinking theyre great trainers and wanting to get a pair themselves?
speedfreak

Post by speedfreak »

I just get the feeling they have no support around the ankles what-so-ever... Im almost scared to run on any stones or anything incase i twist my ankle. When we got bumped on marshal star i had to run down that big f**k off hill with all the huge rocks and stones with all my kit in those silver shadows... How i never twisted something then is beyond me!! lol.
billy_bob

Post by billy_bob »

what about shoes for going out on the town?? should you bring a dress pair of shoes with you?