Share This Page:

MyTraining Routine

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
mancuniankid

MyTraining Routine

Post by mancuniankid »

Hi guys, I've put this traing routine together and wonder if its ok, if not could you let me no where i need to do more or less, Thanks.

MONDAY:

Morning- Run: 40 mins(steady pace)

Afternoon- Gym: Chest, Triceps, Quads, Hip-Adductor,

Evening- Sit-ups 3x40, 20 Crunches

TUESDAY:

Morning- Swim(25mins)

Afternoon- Circuit training(the beast)

Evening- Boxing

WEDNESDAY:

Morning- Run: Interval Training (25mins)

Afternoon- Gym: Shoulders, Trapezius, Obliques, Calfs

THURSDAY:

Morning- Run: Sprints(100m x10) 1min rest recovery

Afternoon- Swim(25 mins) Circuit Training(the beast)

Evening- Boxing

FRIDAY:

Morning- Run: 40 mins(steady pace)

Afternoon- Gym: Back, Lats, Hamstrings, Hip Abductor

SATURDAY:

TEST DAY!

SUNDAY:

REST DAY!
PB's

1.5-8.43
3miler-18.41
Bleep Test -Lv 13
Press ups-64
Sit ups-84
Pull Ups-16
Nickosx

Post by Nickosx »

Looks ok. Good amount of CV. I would suggest some more body weight exercises especially high rep press-up (As you dont seem to have any) and sit-up exercises in their as when your cirucuit training you might not do more than 20 reps at a time. Also get another rest day in there. You muscles need a bit more recovery time if you want to improve. Otherwise you will be exercising fatagued all the time. Apart from that, nice ;)
Nick
nufc_rulz

Post by nufc_rulz »

You are doing interval training one day then sprints the next try and seperate these by swapping the thursday sprints with the friday longer run. Just try and stick to it. When ever i try and stick to a plan it normally last a week then goes wrong. I just make it up as i go along.
themattmeister

Post by themattmeister »

I know what your saying nufc, I make a plan and it lasts about a week or I just end up shuffling it around. I think I have one now that's a keeper but we shall see.

I'd have to agree with nickosx. Could you really see yourself doing this plan week in week out till you do your PRMC and steadily improving? Chance's are that it probably won't happen and another rest day is required, just listen to your body and see what it says. Afterall, it's no good training like Rambo if your going to get injured or not progress.

Good training schedule. :wink:
Nickosx

Post by Nickosx »

I have stuck with 1 base training plan since last september in prep for my prmc adding in little variations to stop me getting bored, but the base of it has remained unchanged. I have noticed huge improvements to my strength and figure. When i started in september i could only manage 25 RM press-ups and 3 pull-ups, now i can do over 100 press-ups and 17 pull-ups. Although when i started i already had a good CV base, running for district cross-country team. If anyone wants i can post it up.
Nick
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

nickosx wrote:If anyone wants i can post it up.
Yes please! 100 press ups would do me nicely... :D
Nickosx

Post by Nickosx »

Brian- wrote:
nickosx wrote:If anyone wants i can post it up.
Yes please! 100 press ups would do me nicely... :D
Bearing in mind it did take me 7 months to get to that point!!

Mon
am-3 sets of Press-ups, Sit-ups + Pull up routine

pm- weight circuit or 5 mile run

Tue
Light swim or rest

Wed
am- 3 sets of Press-ups, Sit-ups + Pull up routine

Thur
pm-5 mile run

Fri
Light swim or rest

Sat
pm-9 mile run

Sun
pm- Weight circuit + Football training

Ok i was following this almost religiously for 7 months, sometimes i went to the gym for my weight circuit sometimes i did it at home using the circuit i posted on the beast thread. For Press-ups i started doing 3 sets of 20 and gradually built this up every 2 weeks or so, now im doing 3 sets of 50 press-ups and 3 sets of 80 sit-ups,sometimes i varied it with sit-ups because i get bored doing these so i sometimes do 2 sets of 50 inclined sit-ups and 1 set of 80 normal ones.This usually takes me 25 mins on a morning. Then 10 mins for the pull up rountine, which i currently do 5 sets of 10. holding for 2 seconds at the top and 2 at the bottom. Its important not to cheat yourself on any of the exercises to them properly to get maximum gain.

As you can see i did not do a huge amount of exercise and each session bar the run on a saturday afternoon and football training did not last more than 45 mins. Another top tip is dont eat too much crap food and dont eat fish and chips before a run because it hurts..alot.

If you want anymore info give me a shout :D
Nick
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

Nice one, cheers. Interesting that you only do 3 runs per week (plus football training), seems like most people think you have to be running 24/7!
Nickosx

Post by Nickosx »

Brian- wrote:Nice one, cheers. Interesting that you only do 3 runs per week (plus football training), seems like most people think you have to be running 24/7!
I was just maintaining the CV fitness i already had, also because each run was a done at a fast pace i.e 6 mins per mile i didnt really need to majorly improve it just keep myself in shape. Its still CV work 4 days a week which is enough considering recovery days.
Nick
mancuniankid

Post by mancuniankid »

I know i'll stick to the routine as i have been doing one since January and always stuck to that, but now im fitter and recently started Circuit Training(which i really liked) so i thought i'd add this into my routine.

So

I'll change Thursdays sprints with Fridays run and take Saturday and Sundays of.
PB's

1.5-8.43
3miler-18.41
Bleep Test -Lv 13
Press ups-64
Sit ups-84
Pull Ups-16
rc

Post by rc »

Alright nickosx.

Just out of interest what does your weight training involve ?

Good luck for Tuesday, sounds like you should find it "relatively" easy.

Rich.
Nickosx

Post by Nickosx »

I do these circuits

20x inclined press-ups (i.e feet higher than head)
30xinclined sit-ups
15x tricep dips
15xbicep curls
10xpull-ups
20xburpees

done without a break with a 2 min rest at the end of each circuit and when i go to the gym i mainly concentrate chest press, bicep curl, tricep extension and lat raise. Not really an expert on weight training and neither do i do it to seriously, just to supplement and vary my training. I mostly concentrate on bodyweight exercises.
Nick
hc00

Post by hc00 »

I have a training scheme I like. 2 weeks ago I could only just cover a mile at a 12 mins per mile pace. Now I can get sub 8:59 1.5 miles (althought I feel like Im going to die), If thats not decent improvement nothing is. :D

I just run as far and as fast as I can as soon as I wake up. Then in the evening do as many pullups (0-1) , pressups (25) and situps (210) I can do in a single set.

I have rest days when I feel like I cant be ars*d and on the weekends.

What do you think of this?
Wo zhu ni jian kang.
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

hc00 wrote:I just run as far and as fast as I can as soon as I wake up.
I have rest days when I feel like I cant be ars*d and on the weekends.

What do you think of this?
Yeh I try to follow the CV in the morning, upper body in the night routine but I hate running as soon as I get up, need a bit of time to get the caffeine flowing etc :)
hc00

Post by hc00 »

Yeh I try to follow the CV in the morning, upper body in the night routine but I hate running as soon as I get up, need a bit of time to get the caffeine flowing etc
I dont feel right running at any time other than early in the morning, because of the locals attitude to jiggiling fat bastards flying past them :D .

Theres less people in the morning.

On a more serious note though, why not do your run in the evening and then do circuits straight afterwards it will prepare you for having to push yourself when seriously drained.
Wo zhu ni jian kang.