Share This Page:

bleep test

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
lukebland89

bleep test

Post by lukebland89 »

Hello i dont know if anyone can help but i do the bleep test at school to a 15m gym is it easier to do the 15m one or is it about the same as doing the 20m one. Thanks a lot guys. Luke
927 Troop
Nade

Post by Nade »

Well its going to be harder to do the 20m one is it not ?!? You are running an extra 5m which means you will need to run faster to make each beep....... :roll: :roll:
james_m

Re: bleep test

Post by james_m »

lukebland89 wrote: is it easier to do the 15m one or is it about the same as doing the 20m one
Hmm...lets think :roll:

I think there are about 8 bleeps to each level and so if you get to level 12 you will have done 96 lengths which means on a 20 metre course you will have done an extra 480 metres.

So is doing an extra 480 metres easier or harder than not doing an extra 480 metres?? :-? :roll: :evil:

Cheers
James
letsrole

Post by letsrole »

You don't have to make the line in the same time for the 15m bleep test as the 20 bleep test. The 15m bleep tests have faster bleeps where as the 20m bleep test has a larger distance.
dalo

Post by dalo »

But he may be using the 20m bleep test in a 15m gym cause thats all they may have.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
lukebland89

Post by lukebland89 »

no im using the 15m tape i just wondered if it converts to about the same. As you probably get more time to make each beep but im not sure. Luke
927 Troop
Spence

Post by Spence »

The multi-stage fitness test is a standardised test to measure VO2 max, so surely by definition, the 15 metre test will be adjusted to measure the same thing (ie the bleeps will be quicker in sucession).
However rember the old chestnut about training and specificity? It might not be so good in that respect.
If, as it has been suggested you are doing the 20 metre version in a 15 metre gym then obviously the results won't be acurate; but if the 15 metre version is being used then i cant see any major problems occuring.
lukebland89

Post by lukebland89 »

cheers mate
927 Troop
douguk

Post by douguk »

I saw a downloadable file of the bleep test on here somewhere- I've searched for it but haven't been able to find it :o

Would appreciate if someone who knows points me in the right direction

Doug
DLink011

Post by DLink011 »

Luke

I can copy my 20 one and gve it to you.
If you havent got it yet.

let me know.

Dan
RM application 2005, PRMC - tore ACL and PCL ligaments.
Contimplating TA for a couple years before i rejoin RM
billy_bob

Post by billy_bob »

In my school we went by points on the bleep test i got 125 ? what does that mean
Wee Willy Winkie

Post by Wee Willy Winkie »

ermm not a lot to me actually. never heard it doen like that.
nomally its measured in levels which are further broken down into numerous stages. EG you may achieve level 11.3 dont know about those points to be honest. www
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
danny_ufc

Post by danny_ufc »

what level does it go up to, i got 12.1 the other day an was pleased with myself, but i would like to try and get to the top level
letsrole

Post by letsrole »

Maybe 125 mean level 12.5? 12.1 is a good score man Ive been training for the last two months and did the bleep test last week and could only scrounge a measley 11.5. It goes up to 15.5 and you have to be pretty fit to get that, there was a thread a while back about 'who got the highest in the bleep test ever' type thing if your really that interested.
lukebland89

Post by lukebland89 »

yea would appreciate any bleep test for 20 metres to be sent to me thanks dan.
927 Troop