Share This Page:

Starting training again

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Ayrey

Starting training again

Post by Ayrey »

Hey up,

Ok, just need some general advice about training, again :lol:

The thing is, I have been out of training for the past three weeks due to shin splints. I even had to miss my PRMC due to it; however, it seems to be clearing up now and I can actually start running again.

With three weeks lost fitness and obviously gaining a little weight, etc, I am not entirely sure where to start back in my training or how long its going to take to get my fitness back up. How does one start back in training once hes been out for several weeks and would he have lost much fitness during that time?

Thanks for any replies

Ayrey
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

orite ayrey mate, sos to hear about your injury ive had the same luck recently, came back off prmc with stress fractures and jus last week damaged my shoulder weight lifting!

ive jus gone back in with light-medium running and the body-weight exercises, try not to rush back in and end up doing more damage just build up mate im sure you'll get your fitness back soon.
letsrole

Post by letsrole »

To start off, I would walk two miles three times a week. After two weeks of this, I would then introduce running, i'd run the first quater, walk second quater, run the third quater, then walk off the last quater (still on two miles). After three weeks of this then I would run the first half (of the 2 miles) then walk a quater of the distance then running the last quater. After two weeks of this then run the whole thing. If no problems occur then after around three weeks of running the two miles increase distances if you want (10 weeks total).

I don't know if you want/should build up any faster, but personally, I wouldn't as I wouldn't want to get them again.