Share This Page:

RM/ MoD Regulations on TATTOOS

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Doc

Post by Doc »

yeh crack on, why do 32 weeks when you can buy one of ebay for £15

couple of lads turned up to the 59 beat-up once I was on main gate duty and duty rupert said "Doc your with 59 show these lads the accom for beat-up"

So being a good egg I showed them their grots for the night, got to the bedding store and one nugget asked me

"where do we get our berets mate?"

" what beret is that then?"

"the Green one"

"NAME????" plank.
Stix@CTC

Post by Stix@CTC »

Seen some funny ones....

A Bloke in week three at Deal had "Homeward Bound" and a sailing ship on this forarm.

Someone who me and Sticky Blue knows had his blood group done and Painfull Jeff in Canada Road got the spacing wrong. Made it very apt that he was a Bugler. Tat read "Blood Group ONE G" :D

Also a Bugler that looks like Yoda ( :wink: ) had a pair of "W" on his arse.
When he bent over it said WOW. Mind you, his ex misses liked to tie him up with a Corps Belt and putties!! (works for me!)
It's not how many posts you have made......It's the quality of what you say when you get here.[img]http://www.theheskins.eclipse.co.uk/drum2.gif[/img]
Doc

Post by Doc »

Heard the one about a lad on his honeymoon?

Had his wifes name tattoed on his knob, name was wendy, when he was soft it read WY and when aroused read WENDY.

So anyway matey is in the heads of the hotel bar having a urination, when this huge coloured chap bimbles in for a slash. Whops out his python and the lad cant help but have a ganders. Whilst having a sneaky look he sees WY tattoed on the coloured chaps knob.

"ahh is your wife called Wendy aswell mate?"

"nay mun, WELCOME TO JAMACA HAVE A NICE DAY" :lol:
chris78290

Post by chris78290 »

quality :lol:
john85

Post by john85 »

Hi, i got 2 small ones on my arms but the one im worried about is on my back ><

It covers most of my back but you cant see it when i have a top on. I'm hoping it will be ok. any ideas?
When i went for my psycometric tests, the AFCO just asked "Are any of your tattoo's offensive or racist?" to which i correctly replied NO. Although the part im worried about that i read somewhere is "excessive size". please advice neeeeeeded.
Artist

Post by Artist »

John 85

I've seen blokes with tats on virtually every part of their body. Some had them before they joined and some after. As long as you can do your job and the tats are in no way offensive don't worry about it. As Doc has said your joining a tough bunch of blokes so a tat where ever it is, is not going to embarass your fellow Marines one little bit.

One Owd Three Badge Marine (a bloke who has done at least twelve years in the Corp) had on his left hand palm the words TA VERY MUCH and on his right hand top finger the words UP YOUR GUTS

Up until the mid seventies all ranks were paid in cash fortnightly. The routine was for the Company to form up and when your name was called you would march up to a desk with the Pay Officer sat behind it. Salute him and at the same time hold out your left hand. So theres the Owd Three Badger with TA VERY MUCH on the hand getting the money whilst his Saluting hand said UP YOUR GUTS! :D

As it was he told me that he received a very, very hefty fine when he first had it done whilst "As Hand Carts" in Singapore. And was one of the first guys to have his money paid directly into the bank.

As it is I ain't got one. Was going to have Green Lidded Bulldog done on my forearm when I passed out of training but sobered up when I saw the look on me Oppos face having his done and naffed off back to Barracks ASAP!

He called me a wimp. Years later he told me he hated the bloody thing because like you they age with time. As it is I have nought against Tats. I just preferred to spend my Dosh on other things is all. A 750cc JPS coloured (Black with Gold lining) Norton Commando Motor Bike in fact. Me and an Oppo bought it between us as neither of us could afford it on our own with what we were paid back then.

We both agreed that whoever got drafted first would let the other guy have his share of the bike free gratis. He got drafted six months later to HMS Hermes and kept his part of the bargain.

Artist
john85

Post by john85 »

thnks artist, huge weight off my mind. Back to training
Deadhead

Post by Deadhead »

I've got two, a tribal design at the base of my spine and an hourglass on my left shoulder blade. Hoping to get a laughing jester on the other shoulder blade as soon as I can afford it.

I found the pain OK, until the needle went over my kidneys. That wasn't so good.
DLink011

Post by DLink011 »

hey all Im in america at the moment and my friend just got out of bootcamp for the USMC and had the motto tattooed along his trigger finger it looks dam sweet. what kinda tats do you serving or ex serving RM's have?
RM application 2005, PRMC - tore ACL and PCL ligaments.
Contimplating TA for a couple years before i rejoin RM
Doc

Post by Doc »

he gets worse :roll:
JR

Post by JR »

:P Hey Steve!,these the 'Tats' regarding the three badge bootneck?
jr approaches pay table halts smartly Salutes holds out left hand for the meagre pittance? Boss smiles at the 'thank you' on the left wrist,jr salutes with right hand 'drop dead' on the wrist, Boss non to happy,march him in Sgt/Major.Oooops.Aye jr
Who needs the World as your Oyster,When you've had the world as your cap Badge
Artist

Post by Artist »

JR

Similar mate. Very Similar! :D

Artist