Share This Page:

UGL and Bayonets

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Cobalt

UGL and Bayonets

Post by Cobalt »

Is it possible to fix a bayonet to a rifle with the UGL? The current Rifle Section makeup is looking very bayonetless, as there's only two standard rifles!

I suppose you could attached a couple of knifes to the LSWs bipod legs with some black n' nasty, and swing it around at your foe...
- Cobalt

"It's always funny until someone gets hurt - then it's hilarious"
rockapemk1

Post by rockapemk1 »

Bugger the bayonets, close to the enemy and give em a 40mm grenade in the chest!

Having only handled one i could see a away of fixing a bayonet, have the feeling that the head sheds for see bayoneting as something not done much (unless your PWRR that is!)
crafty990
Location: Pouring Baileys into a cup of tea as a milk substitute.

Post by crafty990 »

Bound to get some mong come on an' say "there's no place for the bayonet in modern warfare" but i think it was 1 PWRR? who carried out coy attacks on a large insurgent force in Al Amarrah last year and reportedly resorted to hand to hand combat . I heartedly agree with you on this one but what can be done about it, all the section level weapons are deemed essential. I for one will happily sacrifice a bayonet to have the support of a 40mm UGL and LMG in the section.
wildfire213

Post by wildfire213 »

erm 40mm grenade at 3 feet is not advisable n its not as quiet :wink:
guns dont kill people, people kill people
adj125

Post by adj125 »

wildfire213 wrote:erm 40mm grenade at 3 feet is not advisable n its not as quiet :wink:
The 40mm would not of armed itself in that distance
Ex RE 1986 till 1997
rockapemk1

Post by rockapemk1 »

I would ponder that as the poor bugger would be holding his chest with a grenade at his feet! :lol: