Share This Page:

Just Passed my PRMC

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
j90

Just Passed my PRMC

Post by j90 »

Just got back from PRMC Passed! :D :D

Anyone want to know anything about it?

j90

At last after 3months I can go on the piss :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Nice going! Congrats!

Did one of the Corporals give your lot the "You're the worst PRMC ever!" (add expletives at your own discretion), lecture? What parts did you find hard?, your scores?

-Steve C
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Well done, hope you enjoyed your intro to the Corps. :D
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Well done Joe, you`ve got your foot in the door :wink:
Never ever give up drinking beer whilst training, it contains electrolytes, calories and fluids. Which are all vital parts to any fitness regime

Well done again, and good luck.

Aye Harry
JR

Post by JR »

:D welcome to the brotherhood,and Enjoy :wink: Aye jr
Who needs the World as your Oyster,When you've had the world as your cap Badge
tony dean

Post by tony dean »

Nice one! :wink:

Good luck with your training!
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

OK Joe, now to completely confuse your family. Clean your room, iron all your clothes, do your dhoby (washing), clean your shoes (all of them) prepare your clothes for the morning, get up at 0600, do it all again plus SSS and breakfast (two of them are shave and shower) then be where you need to be 5 minutes early. They may not understand but after Lympstone you'll have an idea.
Start the way you mean to go on. :lol:
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

And take a shower after every physical activity, even if it's only 5 pushups! We speant an hour learning that lesson at PRMC lol.

-Steve C
barryc

Just passed my PRMC

Post by barryc »

As another of the old and bold I'll add my congrats. Don't forget to change one set of clothes for another and run outside all within 2 minutes, don't bother getting dried after a shower, you ain't got the time. Enjoy, I know we all did.
BC
j90

Post by j90 »

Thanks Guys all the stuff on the PRMC on this site helped a lot to calm the nerves.

Sorry Steve C but we didn't get anything about being the worst PRMC ever maybe your lot really were! :wink: hahaha as a matter of fact our PRMC was the first after the summer I think so they were a bit more chilled out!

I got 51 press ups 56 Sit ups with over 20 deducted for elbows not touching the floor on the down stroke! :evil: :evil: bloody PTI I slipped off the stupid wet pull up bar after 4 but could of done more they then told us after the test that they no that bar is crap and they are going back to the wooden beam.

Bottom field was a killer the sun decided to come out when we were down there making it twice as hard. The WO2 c telling us "Stop pissing around its only a bit of phys" didn't help

Looking forward to starting the course now

j90
Mike

Post by Mike »

j90... Well done, :fadein: remember keep smiling, even if it hurts..coz it hurts even more later on.
Keep yr nose clean and above all DO AS YR TOLD, dont even consider asking why, coz there is always an answer (even if its wrong, its always right) and remember Shit REALY does happen.
Go to IT, and all the best. :D
Aya
The Honourable Lord Mike of Loch Borralan
.........................Because I AM Worth IT..xxxx.......Never Mistake Motion for Action
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Damn, maybe we were crap afterall lol. It was an experience watching one of the training corporals going from a state of utter "niceness" during a lecture to nearly having a heart attack once the lecture ended :o . The beastings never seemed to stop at our PRMC, there were always guys late when to told to be somewhere and they'd stroll in wondering to themselves what we'd done to be in the pushup position for 5 miinutes waiting for them!! Needless to say the training team had gotten some ideas from "Lad's Army" and Hunter Troop had the best seats in the house to watch us do our stuff! :roll:
jamie

Post by jamie »

I've just passed my prmc (4th-6th) and loved every minute of it. The difficulty of the exercises just made passing feel even better because i know i had pushed myself to the limit and gave it my absolute all. Ive made some great mates in just 3 days and will be meeting up with them soon. I think the training team went pretty easy on us no one got a thrashing really, just the "down and give me 20". The drill sergeant was humourous and loved using expletives whenever he could and had an eagle eye for any movement ,twitching, fidgiting etc! The warms ups were killers esp. bottom field before the assault course and "mark time" is an absolute pain but is all part of the fun

A few tips to those about to go on the PRMC

Be wherever you are told to be 5 minutes earlier than the time you are given
Do not wipe sweat off your face or scratch in the gym
practise press ups with your arms pressed into your sides
Practise sit ups keeping your knees pressed together
Do not get two types of main meal i.e chicken and fish, otherwise the chef will give you a punishment
Keep your hands out of your pockets
When taking a shower one gets wet then gets out the shower and soaps up while another gets under and gets wet. Then change places and soap up while the other washes the soap off.
Listen to everything the training team tell you!!

Good luck to anyone about to go through the PRMC and if anyone has any questions id be more than happy to answer them

My favourite quote of the course

" why do marines always turn to the right for an about turn??
BECAUSE THEY'RE ALWAYS F**KING RIGHT!!"
C_Cummings

Post by C_Cummings »

Well done guys especially Jamie. I was on the same PRMC as Jamie but had to pull out with a knee injury after the 3 mile run. As for the drill instructor, it was me who he decieded to punish with a shit load of a abuse but I had to laugh it off.

A few more tips, learn the ranks before you go. Coporals and the such hate it if you get the ranks wrong. They.ve earned it so call them by it.
When marking time, get the knees high even if you think no one is looking because when I was sitting out on Gym test 2, it was very easy to spot people slacking.
The 2 things you will here repeated are "110% all the time" and " there are 2 speeds here at Lympstone, total stop and 100 Fuc*ing miles per hr"
When you are told to do something, do it as fast as possable.
Also, get something done right first time because if 1 person mucks all everybody suffers.
Keep smiling, "pain last 2 minutes but pride lasts a lifetime" this was what 1 of the corporals was shouting in my ear on the 3 miler.

Hardest part of the course was the assault course on day 1. The warm up was a killer and this was when I injured my knee.

Sorry I didn't get a better chance to talk to you Jamie but best of luck during your training and might see you down there ASAP when I'm back down for another PRMC.
j90

Post by j90 »

Well done guys, unlucky C_Cummings

Its a great feeling when you've done it all isnt it. Let me no what your join date is jamie as we may end up on the same intake

Hope you had a big celebration at the weekend

j90