Share This Page:

Gunner Recruitment.

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
Goose87

Gunner Recruitment.

Post by Goose87 »

This is more of a query than a topic of discussion but I was wondering wether anyone else has heard any different since passing thier AST?

I was told by Liverpool AFCO that the Regiment was not recruiting about 3 months ago (When i had taken my AST) and told to give then a call every month to see if there had been any change. But last month they told me to call back the following week week because they 'anticipated' an opening in recruitment. I have called them every week for the last 4 weeks and still no change.

Have any of you lads heard any different from your AFCO's around the UK?

Thanks for any input. :)
“As the builders say, the larger stones do not lie well without the lesser.” - Plato
buck91

Post by buck91 »

i have heard the same, wen i was on my PGAC some lads said they heard that gunner has closed now
R.A.F by F.A.R
trfcdan86

Post by trfcdan86 »

I had my AST in July and have been given a PGAC in Jan.

I think i might have been one of the last through the door, as i believe the position is now closed.
Application: 11th May 2009
AST: Passed 7th July 2009
Interview: Passed 13th July 2009
Medical: Passed 30th July 2009
PJFT: Passed Nov 30th 2009
PGSC: Passed February 22nd 2010
TG: ???
Goose87

Post by Goose87 »

Cheers lads.

Yeah after I posted this I yet again gave them a call to get the same answer. It would have been ideal for me to have my PGAC in January but I think i'm looking at early spring now.

Bit of a bugger when your training hard and not even knowing when your going to be tested.
“As the builders say, the larger stones do not lie well without the lesser.” - Plato