Share This Page:

Football

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Redhand

Football

Post by Redhand »

Being a British forum, i have yet to see one post on football. Just thought it kind of odd.

I just wanted to know who supports who round here.

I personally have been a NUFC supporter since i was 13 when i first got into football.

I have been playing the game since about 11 years old and got up to the point where i was trainin the youngin's in B.C. Canada.

My trainer said i had the ability to play third div or so in Germany, but i never took him up on the offer as different things were happening...mostly girls and booze :(

Maybe no one supports anythin on here, but in a general discussion forum i thought it should come up.
Tab

Post by Tab »

We can't play football in the Olympics, so this is why there are few comments on it.
robj

Post by robj »

Derby County for me! Like yourself, I used to play a lot of football. I played for Peterborough United and was offered a place at Lilleshall Sports Acadamy (England Youth training place before it got closed down) only for them to change their mind at the last minute :evil: I quit after that which I regret badly!
Jon

Post by Jon »

It has only been 2 weeks since the new premier league season kicked off, so theres not much to talk about yet. Euro 2004 has been and gone and world cup qualifying has not begun yet, at least for England. We did beat Ukraine the other night though in a friendly.

I support Liverpool. Infact ive just watched the second half of thier 2nd leg Champions League qualifying match against some Austrian team. We lost 1-0 but went through 2-1 on aggerate! Played shit but we have a new manager and training team so we need time to adapt.
The Best Is Yet To Come
Redhand

Post by Redhand »

Ya robj,

Makin it anywhere in sports seems always such the crapshoot, considering all the talent out there and the glut of competition. I think you have to dedicate ALL your time to training and practicing.

I look back with deep regret, as i remember my trainer saying "Theres all sorts of guys who could play pro but they choose the party life" heres me goin "Ya gov, but not me...im doin this thing"...well so much for that.

Tab,

You support a club though?
Last edited by Redhand on Tue 24 Aug, 2004 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grimey Vibes

Post by Grimey Vibes »

Tab was active in the 50's when he did his National Service in the Parachute Regiment.
Get on "PARADE"

"You drill like a bad hip-hop artist, MC Miss A Beat"
Redhand

Post by Redhand »

Hmm,

Perhaps i should go to the para forums then.
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

:o

Now this should get some of you going..............PROFESSIONAL footballers = TARTS!
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Who cares about football/soccer.
Anyone see the womens olympic beach volleyball final?
Fnar Fnar wibble wibble.
Didn't notice which team won,wasn't important at the time.
Just hoping for some re-runs.
Wholley.
:olympic:
Maroon

Post by Maroon »

Have to agree with spannerman, tarts the lot of them, now Rugby is a different matter a real sport played by real men 8)

Sarracens are my team :o
"Every man an Emperor!"
Lance

Post by Lance »

Women's Beach Volleyball on BBC now.

That is what I call the beautiful game :D
"The enemy should be in no doubt that we are his nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction."
Lieutenant Colonel Tim Collins
lew

Post by lew »

Spanners your right football is a tarts game played tarts and watched by thugs.

Rugby is brilliant, and it’s the only sport where you can sit in the opposite teams fans and not get killed for cheering on your team (exception of cricket).

Wholley women’s beach volleyball is great; I only found out about it this year, but will be watching the Olympics every year from now on.

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
Lance

Post by Lance »

lew wrote:Spanners your right football is a tarts game played tarts and watched by thugs.

lew

In that case there are a lot of thugs about. I'm locking my doors from now on... :D
"The enemy should be in no doubt that we are his nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction."
Lieutenant Colonel Tim Collins
minimac

Post by minimac »

lew wrote:
Wholley women’s beach volleyball is great; I only found out about it this year, but will be watching the Olympics every year from now on.
Really? :lol: .

People say that the beach volleyball 'uniforms :roll: ' are too skimpy! Rubbish!

MM
lew

Post by lew »

You picky little sod :wink:

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August