Share This Page:

terrorist attacks in london

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Engineer

Post by Engineer »

The soul perpose of the attack was to lower our moral and to divide us as a nation. But they have failed, for I feel a thousand times more spurred on than ever.

Cause no C**T is gonna come over here and destroy something I love. And I would gladly fight for my country and flag, and will!!!

F**KING C**TS GO AND DIE
Ardennes44

Post by Ardennes44 »

Gentlemen,

allow me to offer you my sincere condoleances on this very somber day.

Allow me also to back the truck up to this January article from The Times :
An extremist London cleric is using live broadcasts on the internet to urge young British Muslims to join al-Qaeda and has condoned suicide terrorist attacks. Omar Bakri Mohammed, who has lived in the UK for 18 years on social security benefits, pledged allegiance to Osama bin Laden and told his followers that they were in a state of war with Britain. The Times monitored Mr Bakri Mohammed’s nightly webcasts in which he declared that the “covenant of security” under which Muslims live peacefully in the UK had been “violated” by the Government’s tough anti-terrorist legislation, The Syrian-born radical said: “I believe the whole of Britain has become Dar ul-Harb (land of war). In such a state, he added, “the kuffar (non-believer) has no sanctity for their own life or property.”

In his broadcasts, conducted through an internet chatroom, Mr Bakri Mohammed stopped short of calling for terrorist attacks in Britain. But he said that Muslims should join the jihad “wherever you are” and told one woman that she was permitted to become a suicide bomber.

Mr Bakri Mohammed, 46, has indefinite leave to remain in the UK but could be detained without trial under the Anti-Terrorism Crime and Security Act if the Home Secretary were to decide he is a terrorist associate.

Last Monday he told his listeners: “Al-Qaeda and all its branches and organisations of the world, that is the victorious group and they have the emir and you are obliged to join. There is no need . . . to mess about.” Two nights later he said that the voices of dead Mujahidin were calling young Britons to fight. “These people are calling you and shouting to you from far distant places: al jihad, al jihad. They say to you my dear Muslim brothers, ‘Where is your weapon, where is your weapon?’ Come on to the jihad,” he said.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 03,00.html

Can you enlighten me as to how this bastard has spent the last 18 years living off the goodwill of people he wants to subjugate or destroy, fomenting unrest and cashing social security cheques? As of this morning, I bet Mr. Blair is having second thoughts though, wishing the secret service had thrown this parasite of humanity down a closed mineshaft in Cornwall....

Also, I ran into the following comments a few minutes ago:
We're going to keep our heads. Stiff upper lip and all that - wouldn't do to get all emotional. Hardly British - and if we stop being British about it, the bastards have won. So we'll have a few beers, make as many sick jokes about it in pubs up and down the land as we can, and get on with our lives as normal. Other than causing the grief of too many innocent people, these bastards will have achieved precisely %$!@ all. We shall not be moved.
Keep the spirit!

My prayers and thoughts are with you all,

Ardy
chak

Post by chak »

Sticky Blue wrote:WHAT?
chak wrote:one suicide bomber was shot
Please read H_Ns post further up. I have access to all the media and this has not been announced by any of the agencies. Please SHUT THE FCUK UP!

*Post Edited*

At this time comments like this are not required and are in poor taste.
Please have respect.

KiwiBen

Post by KiwiBen »

My thoughts with the injured and their families, and most particularly those of the dead. Rest In Peace.

I hope and pray the British morale and pride are unshaken.

Give them all two in the chest and one in the head for me!

Regards, Benjo
give a man a bullet, he'll ask you for a gun.
Give a man a gun, he'll be giving away the bullets
HardRock

Post by HardRock »

Chak,

I think you should perhaps learn some respect, Stix is a great bloke and obviously a major part of this forum. He merely stated that there was absolutely NO evidence to support your claim (I checked also, and found none) now some visitors to this site may have been effected by the tragic events yesterday, which means it can be emotional for them reading threads like this one. So what was asked is that people DO NOT post ANY comments without any confirmed truth behind them. Its not fair, obviously its not right, and it just causes people to piss their pants about nothing.

BTW Stix, I also read that one of the casulties had injuries like a suicide bomber, not too sure if it means they were a suicide bomber, or the poor person was just real close to the blast. IMO I dont think it was a suicide bomber, normally they make a big deal about it, what with going to the land of two rivers or whatever they call it. I guess we'll see though!

Aye,
Rock
HardRock

Post by HardRock »

Stix,

Does that mean I am "significant" :D , or is it just my post? :(

Last I heard number of dead was in the fourties, but having heard more on the extent of a lot of the injuries, I am sad to say it looks like there will probably be a few more...

What a terrible time for those affected, and may the bastards responsible not blow themselves up before they have the opportunity to see their "brothers" get crushed under British military action.

EDIT:
Just wanted to add, I cant help but hold my head up high at seeing the headlines and front page news etc. Business as usual. Morale appears to be untouched, if anything it is more rage, which in this case is definately a good thing.

Thee haughty tyrants ne'er shall tame:
All their attempts to bend thee down,
All their, all their, all their attempts to bend thee down
Will but arouse thy,
Arouse thy generous flame;
But work their woe, and thy renown.

Rock
Kanadiana

Headlines

Post by Kanadiana »

Many of this mornings headlines online are stating "more than 50" deaths. I can only think of the losses and suffering and how many people were effected directly and indirectly ... many "for life" ...

Get 'em and be done with 'em ...

On another note, here in Canada, I can't believe how many people feel something like this couldn't possibly happen in Canada ... but hey, we have troops stationed and involved in this war against terrorism, which to the extremists, would put us up amongst the other countries at the top of the list as targets. We're all targets and one day ??? ... so it's time for our disbelieving folks to wake up and start dealing with reality and doing the steps that will actually stop each and every terrorist in their tracks ... and continue to do so as long as it takes. Prayers only help so far, actions are what actually work. Ignorance (unrealized idealism) is not bliss in this case, it's deadly destructive ... and downright foolish.

I have no doubt that little "cells" (that whats they're called?) are viral ... meaning spread/spreading, and that we all should be looking at people around us, not at their "appearances" ... can't judge a book by it's cover, but can by it's "words"... but at their words, actions, and behavior. Too much is at stake to play ostrich to avoid facing reality, or avoid getting involved for fear of becoming "targetted" ... this isn't a race war ... this is a war against extremist ideals and behaviors held by a group of people (cult?) (sociopaths/psychopaths?) hiding behind a facade of religeon twisted to their own goals as far as I can tell. I know it's not easy to pinpoint them in a crowd of people who "look like them but are in no way like them" ...

Sorry folks ... am just really upset here too and every once in a while, as unknowledgeable about the worlds happenings as I am, I'm learning, and speak before I know all ... I know that HOW we handle things is just as important as stopping them. Both avoidance of dealing with reality and emotional recklessness when dealing with it, can create so much more grief.

Clear seeing and walk soft and carry a big stick (preferably with something pointy on the end that finds its right target;)

:-?
dootybooty

Post by dootybooty »

Spare a thought for the poor buggers who are cleaning up the remains, I did some in Aden and Ulster and it ain't nice. Losts of PTSD councilors should be on hand for them when the job is done.
Keep the faith.
dannyd

Post by dannyd »

Radio 1 played the Chumbawamba song 'Danny Boy' (or whatever it's called, the one that goes 'I get knocked down but I get up again'). Thought it summed the whole thing up very well. Gave me shivers down my spine listening to it.

We will not be beaten. These people will not win. We are called Great Britain for a reason. I am damn proud to be British at the moment. It's just a shame that it seems to have taken an event like this to reawaken our sense of collective national pride.

Regards,

Dan
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

Sticky Blue wrote:Latest news BBC just now are that one of the bodies shows the injuries associated with a suicide bomber. I'm sure most of you know what they are and what that could mean.
I attended suicide bomber prevention training last year in Toronto, taught by a LCol in the Isreali secret service. It was outstanding training and an eye-opener of surprising magnitude. I now am convinced that, in a city the size of London, the only way to detect a suicide bomber is when he/she intiates the device. Having said that, good int does pay dividends!!!

The israelis deal with, on average, 48 suicide bombing attempts per day. We only hear of the ones that are successful. They are the definitely the experts in dealig with this phenomenon, by virtue of their experience.
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

anglo-saxon wrote:The israelis deal with, on average, 48 suicide bombing attempts per day.
That figure can't possibly be right...per week, month? If there were 48 attempts per day, a lot more would get through, no matter how expert the Israelis. Unless that figure counts every kid with a firecracker or crackpot with a bag shouting 'bomb'.
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

I hate to say this, but this is what happens when we do something stupid like invade Iraq. Ovcourse I have no respect for these people, who go out and kill innocent civilians. When they are caught they should be made an example of and hung drawn and quartered in my opinion.

The Brits have gone on with life during Luftwaffe attacks and the threat of Nazi invasion and have laughed off IRA bombings for decades. If these terrorists think that they can affect our day to day lives in any way, they are sadly mistaken.

My condolences go out to the families of the victims and to the injured.
markthestab

Post by markthestab »

BTL if you look at things that way the terrorist have beaten you

the terrorists didnt need the iraq war to justify emabassy bombing in africa, u.s ship cole or the world trade centre twice

before iraq it was western backing of isreal, and our western morales and way of life they used as justification for killing women and babies(many many muslims amongst them)

fact is that these people follow an extreme brand of islam which wants to invade the whole of the middle east and central europe to the boundries that the islamic faith held during the dark ages when it was the major civilisation in the world, these nutters want to invade as far as spain and make this islamic land

with or without our participation in iraq we were a legitimate target to them, and they want to use iraq as a justification to get the exact same response as you and george galloway have given, one that its in some way our own fault, which is bollocks frankly, no offence and just lets osama bin laden and cronies govern our foriegn policy

and id rather these people be in iraq and afghanistan fighting me and other people who have or will be getting paid for it, rather than blowing themselves up on the streets of london/madrid/new york/isreal killing women and children who dont want to/not capable of fighting

see you in the sandpit camel jockeys(and by camel jockeys i dont include intergrated british muslims, i mean sponging extremists living here and simoutainiously plotting our downfall)
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Like I said before - it doesn't make sense for Al Qaeda to launch terror attacks in the Britain. Surely they know Britain is split about having troops in Iraq, and by doing this they stoked alot of anger towards them that initialy wasn't there and given Blair all the ammo that is need for a long time to come. Maybe someone could even confirm that British troops were being downsized and diverted to Afghanistan? This would further more prove the point.

I also have a friend who states the message left on the website of the alleged bombers made fundamental mistakes in the reading of the Koran. Which is heresy in Islam as they learn the Koran before they can even walk!