Share This Page:

New series lads army

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Tab

Post by Tab »

Cipriano is just a lazy sod, and if he was in the Army in the 50's he would have got a right pasting. One of the things that would happen is that they cancel your weekend leave because of people like him, and then the blood would flow. Now if you expect to treat the rest of the men like they did beasting them for his mistakes then looked shocked when he got hit. Now what did they expect the lazy little turd would not even hurry to put his jacket on while the rest of them are getting beasted. Now when they chucked the lad out who hit Cipriano, he was one of the few there that looked like a soldier. No the fualt is that of the staff running this show. If you set a show in the 1950's then you can't be politicaly correct in 2004, they just don't go togther. Did you notice just how quick they where in wanting to call in the Police, I wonder just how much they paid Cipriano to keep quite about it.

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

I actually think kip is a bit simple (no fault of his own) and felt the ganging up on him could have been dealt a different way. The attitude of that short black guy was bang on though - you pull your teams mates through it.........there is no 'I' in team........
The Cheat

Post by The Cheat »

True that Greg! I started feelling a bit sorry fot that little B*sterd Kip :( ...Not for very long mind... :evil:

He still jacked on his section the whole time... That little Black guy, I think it's Banks or Binks was superb.

Now, where's my beer? :drinking:
Know your limits...Then crush them
Rugee

Post by Rugee »

Kip got what he deserved, as soon as that lad started having a go you could see he was going to nail him. He'd made up his mind before he even took him outside and i can't blame him either. We can all take a few beastings because somebody messes up, but not 3 weeks worth with no sign of him ever changing.
"Zulus sir! thousands of em!"
bigbart

Post by bigbart »

Tab, judging by my last phase 1 training, it still hasn't changed. We all used to get "collective punishment" when one person f***ed up. And a guy like Kyp would probably have been slapped in my platoon as well.
But I agree that he didn't deserve it. He is, in my eyes, a bit slow, and maybe he needed taking out of the platoon long ago. The lad who nutted him seemed to me like he was playing up for the camera. When he started pushing Kyp about, it was clear that Kyp wasn't going to fight back. He was scared, and I think chucking him out gave him the message clear enough. I've been in arguments before and hit people who haven't hit back, and it leaves a sour taste in the mouth. Why hit someone who's too scared to fight back? You've already won. Hitting them is plain bullying, and a bit cowardly. Maybe if Kyp had put up a fight when he was being shoved, then maybe he wouldn't have got nutted. This lad knew he could nut Kyp without retaliation, and so in my eyes was a coward.
I hate idle sods, but I hate bullies even more.
What did crack me up, though, was the near-fight between Cray and the other lad (is it Birks?) when Cpl. Nayoukas was trying to sort it out.
"He pulled a knife and fork on me Corporal"
"What did you think he was going to do? Eat you?"
"Some day a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets..."
Edwards159

Post by Edwards159 »

I missed last nights episode, A-Level Results :drinking: :drinking:

what exactly happened to Kyp??
Utrinque Paratus
bigbart

Post by bigbart »

Taking his time getting his jacket on while the section was being beasted because of him. Later, the section threw him out, and his locker. The lad who had been pushing him about then nutted him outside in full view of the cameras, he went down like a sack of spuds.
A lad called Birks (I think...the dark skinned one) stuck up for Kyp and helped him up. said something like "f**k 'em I'll stick with you."
So the section turned on him as well. A lad shouted something offensive at him, Birks ran back in and tried to go for him. Other lad grabs a piece of cutlery, fight is split up by the rest of the section. Hence the line "He pulled a knife and fork on me, Corporal..."
The best episode yet. The Captain asks Kyp if he wants to press charges, Kyp says no. The lad who nutted him is given a dishonourable discharge.
"Some day a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets..."
Tab

Post by Tab »

Bigbart, You say that Kip did not deserve to get hit, Now they had been carrying him in every thing they did and I mean that literally. What man would allow his mates to run a race carrying him on his back, he has made no effort what so ever to make a go of it. Ha can't be bothered to turn hime self out properly, he can't be bothered with his kit, as he knows if does not do it then the rest of the hut will do it to try and keep them selfs out of trouble. Looking at him there is nothing wrong with him whats so ever, he is just plain idle. If you watch an interview with him before he gets to go on this course then he comes over as mentally okay but plain lazy.
Boxingmad

Post by Boxingmad »

I didn't see the bit where Binks/Banks runs back in after Kip's headbutt to fight another bloke. Was that on Privates Exposed on ITV2?

Kip's taking the piss though. 3 weeks of being a lazy nobber and it was bound to get ugly after a while. The fact he was being slow getting his jacket sorted whilst his platoon were being beasted showed that he really didn't care. He should have had the decency to jack it in instead of carrying on and getting everyone else angry. Tab's right, in a proper army camp he'd have been filled in good and proper. Fancy threatening to get the police involved. Typical PC bulls***
Remember, knowledge is power, unless you forget it all.
GARRYOWEN

Post by GARRYOWEN »

Kyp should not have been attacked, there is obviously a problem with theis fellow the staff should have seen this coming . Bigbart has a point what is the point of attacking somebody who wont fight back it serves no purpose.
FAR AWAY SO CLOSE!
Boxingmad

Post by Boxingmad »

Yep, I agree with you on that one. Having been a victim of bullying myself at school, I know what it's like, as I never fought back. But I still stand on the fact that Kip should have left with dignity. Yes, it's jacking it in, but at least you have the good grace to admit it's not for you. I don't think he's trying at all, and it's the section/platoon who suffer for it.
Remember, knowledge is power, unless you forget it all.
Edwards159

Post by Edwards159 »

In todays training what would have happened to Kyp?? Would he have got backsquadded or would he have just been booted out of the Army?
Utrinque Paratus
Jordiman

Post by Jordiman »

Remember it is Bad Lads Army they are on the show because they are lazy, bullies and thieves. I don't think Kip should quit, its the rest of his sections job to motivate him into doing his best.
Passed PRMC 17th December 2003

Started Basic 5th July 2004 880 Troop, Jan 2005 886 Troop, June 2005 893 Troop, July 2005 895 Troop

Got MD 3rd November 2005

Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
B_H100

Post by B_H100 »

:-?

Sorry if I am dragging this subtopic on, but;
the lad out who hit Cipriano, he was one of the few there that looked like a soldier.
Is this the view of most people on here? Look, I do agree that Kip was a bone idle tw*t, but in my opinion, the way he was nutted was bang out of order. He DOES need to try harder I admit, but maybe he is just a bit slow?

Why would the lad who hit Kip make a good soldier? If he did that to a fellow recruit in training, how would his mates in his unit be able to trust him when in the field, or just in blocks/accomodation, etc? If he just came out with that, (ok I admit everyone was angry and Kip needed telling to sort his sh*t out), then who is to say he wouldn't do it again?

I maybe wrong, and most of you guys may well have more experience of the forces and life in general, but doesn't trust form the basis of the army/infantry, and a team overall?

Some of the other recruits were shocked that he had nutted Kip, maybe if he had stayed then they wouldn't have trusted him... (Reference the above.)

I maybe wrong but Tabs comments really made me want to comment on this... what do you think I am open to critiscism! :)
Edwards159

Post by Edwards159 »

It slightly reminds me of the film 'Full metal Jacket' when private pile takes a beating off his mates in training. It could have unexpected consequences. :2gunfire:
Utrinque Paratus