Published: 25th March 2012
:: Lord Mayor's Diamond Jubilee Big Curry Lunch 2012 Dishes Up Hot Lots ::
Are you are looking for a special gift or an experience that money can't buy? Well dust off your wallets for the first class lots, revealed today, for the upcoming Lord Mayor's Diamond Jubilee Big Curry Lunch.
This annual fundraising lunch by ABF The Soldiers' Charity, taking place at The Guildhall on 26 April 2012, is now in its fifth year and, once again, it has secured a number of fabulous auction prizes not available on the open market, including:
• Four top class tickets to watch England Vs Belgium on 2 June 2012 at Wembley Stadium in one of the last friendly international matches before the European Championships.
• A pair of Wimbledon Centre Court Debenture tickets with access to the Debenture holders lounge, bars, restaurants and other facilities on Centre Court.
• An evening of firearms training for six people with the City of London's elite Tactical Firearms Group, at the Police Firing Range in the heart of the City.
• An amazing selection of work placements - including a week with Max Clifford and the chance to see what goes on behind the scenes at Sky News and Sky Sports.
• A night for two to remember, as special guests at the world famous Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo. Attend pre-dinner drinks, a black tie dinner, VIP seating for the performance and a champagne reception before retiring to overnight accommodation in the Governor's quarters in Edinburgh Castle.
The Lord Mayor's Diamond Jubilee Big Curry Lunch will be hosted by the City's 684th Lord Mayor, The Rt Hon. Lord Mayor Alderman David Wootton, and is one the most popular lunch dates in The City of London, the UK's global financial and business centre. This year's guest of honour is Field Marshal HRH The Duke of Kent.
This year The Soldiers' Charity will welcome 1,000 guests from the across the City, from the Houses of Parliament and from the Livery Companies. The charity has set an ambitious fundraising target of £225,000 to support soldiers, former soldiers and their families who have been affected by the conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Each year, the lunch has been fortunate to receive a number of fabulous auction prizes from supporters and has attracted sponsors including Noon Foods, Corney and Barrow, Cobra Beer, KPMG, JCB, Sirius Data and law firm MacFarlanes. Michael Hockney, Chairman of the Lord Mayor's Big Curry Committee, says:
"The wonderful ongoing support from consecutive Lord Mayors and generous sponsors means that the Lord Mayor's Big Curry has gone from strength to strength and we're delighted to be celebrating its fifth year. All the money raised helps The Soldiers' Charity continue to be there for soldiers, for life."
Those attending can expect a delicious buffet curry lunch with fine wine and refreshing beer, in the opulent setting of London's Guildhall. Mingle and network with some of the City's finest as you give your support to our troops. There is still time to purchase tickets at £95 each - call Chi Kavindele on 0845 0347 965 or visit www.bigcurry.org/tickets
*All images or video files are the copyright of their respective owners. You may not use any of the images on this site for any purpose without the permission of the copyright holder.*
Share This Page:
03rd February 21
Captain Sir Tom Moore - 1920-2021
02nd February 21
Help for Heroes - FREE BEAR & FREE UK P&P.
4th December 20
Help for Heroes - NEW ARRIVALS, CHRISTMAS CATALOGUE & FREE UK P&P.
8th October 20
Help for Heroes - NEW ARRIVALS, FREE BEAR & FREE UK P&P.
09th September 20
Yours Aye - Most used Royal Marines slang.
8th September 20
Help for Heroes - NEW ARRIVALS & FREE UK P&P.
5th August 20
Combat Boots - Latest offers and best deals on Military, Combat, Army, Police, Emergency, Safety & Waterproof Boots.
3rd August 20
Help for Heroes - NEW IN THE SPIRIT COLLECTION & FREE P&P.
23rd March 20
A message from our founder Jay - about COVID-19.
13th March 20
SafeGuardArmor - What is UHMPWPE in Body Armor?