Share This Page:

The Parliamentary Trough

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
Tab

The Parliamentary Trough

Post by Tab »

With all this talk about cut backs and the need to save money, I saw a small article today where they could start. The MP's and Parliamentary Staff canteens and dining rooms spent £11.9 million in operating costs and subsidy. their takings came to £6.3 million leaving the tax payer to pick the rest of the bill of £5.6 million. Now we have 659 MP's plus their staff many of those are their relations, so that is hell of a lot of food that we are paying for. For the life of me I can't understand why they should get a subsidy for their food any way, the general public have to find the money to pay for their food in general restraunts, so why can't the MP's and their staff. If the MP's feel so important that they can't be sen in public then why don't they pay the correct price for their food. After all a MP is knocking up close to £100,000 per year plus all the fiddles and still expect you to pay for their food. They where quick enough to charge servicemen and women a few years back, so I for one think that they should give up this perk.

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

Same-same here. It's just another form of welfare, politicos on the dole.
In California, Schwarzenegger had the right idea I think. The main problem has to do with politicos blocking the state budget for political gain, sometimes for a couple months.
His solution: suspend their salaries until they vote on the budget: no work, no pay.
Needless to say that's very unpopular with the Democrats in particular.
Andy O'Pray

Post by Andy O'Pray »

Not much different here Tab. MP's only have to serve six years to qualify for a pension, which they receive at 55 years of age. In order to tide them over from the age that they lose their seat to receipt of their obscene pension, they voted themselves full medical and prescription drug coverage, paid by the taxpayer of course.

Each political party is as bad as the next. The only way I can see of re- solving the situation is to have a revolution. Then we will have a new bunch of scum to contend with.

Don't get me started. I am so sick of incompetant and crooked Canadian politicians who are never held accountable and feel that it is their God given right to screw the taxpayer. They can waste billions of dollars and not even blush, but just let me try and cheat the taxman for $100.00, then stand by.

Aye - Andy. :x
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

What we need in this country is new politico thinking like a coup d'etat
followed by a coup de grace
Bogwhistle

Post by Bogwhistle »

It isn’t just in parliament I’m afraid, these people always eat very well. Having been a fly on the wall at various functions and committee meetings I can tell you that there is always a very generous and elaborate spread put on, and because nobody dips their hands into their pockets at the end of the night, I can only assume that this takes a large slice out of many a council budget.

Hogs In the fat house. I’m sure we could save a few jobs by making these people bring a piece.
Redhand

Post by Redhand »

Well it's true that Canadian politics=corruption Andy, Canadians themselves are ultimately to blaim for putting the Liberal Government of Canada, Inc. in power.

I would fully support a coup, i think there is a lot of like minded Canadians who would do it also. But the point is, just like most of the western countries with tasteless left wing governments, we never do anything, we just bitch and blab.

I hate to sound so bloody serious, really, but i get sick to my stomach when i think of urban Ontario voting in the Liberals YET AGAIN! They have alot in common with those sick screws who like to get whipped and that for pleasure. What are they called again?