Share This Page:

Hows about this for generosity..

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
Stephen

Hows about this for generosity..

Post by Stephen »

A friend of my Dad's has a brother who is an instructor at Catterick Depot and he's very kindly sent me a pair of boots for my insight weekend. Forget about all this carry on "they can start a fight in an empty room"...fishwives tales spring to mind......look beyond the myths because there are some real diamonds about.
wannabe_bootneck

Post by wannabe_bootneck »

Take to take your own boots on PRIC, don't suppose you fancy dropping the kitlist in do you, just that I plan to go on the Dec. 3rd one, just so I can get a few bits & bobs, I already have a set of boots from me cadet days. They're pukka.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

I got told to take

- Trainers, tshirts, shorts
- Smart casual dress (no suits)
- mug, fork, knife, spoon
- toietries
- military or civvie boots (dunno what for)
- a positive attitude
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

I am there 21st - 23rd may.
Grimey Vibes

Post by Grimey Vibes »

I am at the paras insight weekend 23-25 July.
Get on "PARADE"

"You drill like a bad hip-hop artist, MC Miss A Beat"

Post by Guest »

wannabe_bootneck wrote:I already have a set of boots from me cadet days. They're pukka.
i had a pair of suede ones,my Mrs said they were Crepe, but i thought they were quite nice :wink:
wannabe_bootneck

Always there with a razor sharp comment aren't you Bootneck! I won't pretend it didn't make me chuckle though, comedy is you're true calling!

Post by Guest »

wannabe_bootneck wrote:Always there with a razor sharp comment aren't you Bootneck! I won't pretend it didn't make me chuckle though, comedy is you're true calling!
WB, i do try, i do try, and i can honestly say, that All bootnecks have the Razor sharp wit, and sarcastic sense of humour, and IF, you do have the Honour of wearing the "Coveted Green", you too will have this same streak. On another note, my section was always a happy section, :wink:

anyway, my Mrs did think they were Crepe :lol:

PS, life is hard enough without walking round with a long face..................leave that to the horses
davo141

Post by davo141 »

On another note..

my boots seem to be taking a while to get in!

and bootneck! whats these fancy pictures...oooo very suave! 8) :P

cheers, davo
Forward Troop - CLRRM, Viking Operator and Maintainer. Viking Support Troop out in The Ghan.
wannabe_bootneck

Booty, I'm exactly the same and it really annoys me when people ask me whilst I'm smiling........why not? Anyway, selaing my own coffin here but, despite the name, career aspirations have changed I now wanna go airborne! I realised that I need to do this for me & no one else and I really wanted the Maroon at heart. My bro is Royal, I find his humour hilarious, but more dirty than anything else, which suits me fine, really in your face!

Post by Guest »

wannabe_bootneck wrote:Anyway, selaing my own coffin here but, despite the name, career aspirations have changed I now wanna go airborne! I realised that I need to do this for me & no one else and I really wanted the Maroon at heart. My bro is Royal, I find his humour hilarious, but more dirty than anything else, which suits me fine, really in your face!
WB, or is it, WP? i have the ideal boots for you, you`ll be a star when jumping, you`ll certainly be first down anyway, they have concrete soles and heels, used to belong to an oppo of mine, Frank Einstein, he bolted to france and Goldie and his lot are still looking for him. I`ve also a Box Parachute( i don`t know if its the right name) yours if you want it, once again, our little friends have been at it, "Moths" that is, so with the concrete boots and moth eaten chute, you certainly will be first down...................still want to be Maroon? whatever you choose, all the best.

Post by Guest »

davo141 wrote:
and bootneck! whats these fancy pictures...oooo very suave! 8) :P

cheers, davo
i take it you mean my 41 and 40 Commando Unit Flags? well, loads more in the pipeline :lol: and it keeps me off the streets :roll:
wannabe_bootneck

I do indeed Bootneck, the name is deceptive but I don't want to mess about changing it. Thanks and keep sharp & grinning.
Boz

Post by Boz »

Grimey Vibes wrote:I am at the paras insight weekend 23-25 July.
Wow, so am I. :D

Post by Guest »

Boz wrote:
Grimey Vibes wrote:I am at the paras insight weekend 23-25 July.
Wow, so am I. :D
WOW, small world init, bet you don`t know each other from adam, can just imagine it now, two lonely people running up the grot arms outstreteched, giving each other a bear hug and swapping spit.............................. :o , leave you to it guys.........have fun