Share This Page:

THIS HAS REALLY GOT MY ATTENTION

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
ono_doken

Post by ono_doken »

look at it like this, Yeah one illegal gets rewarded, but the gov learns how to plug a loop holw, preventing anymore coming through ? -Ingenuity is a good quality people may have, if they can beat the system its best to have them "friendly" than bitter....... but thats just my views.
Honour is our only armour and the Queen's colours our only camouflage
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

In practice, I don't see this as a 'reward' for illegals (millions of them, potentially). This is no guarantee of enhanced economic opportunity for them, not when we have American-born PhDs and MBAs out of work.
In addition I see nothing which will curb illegal immigration.
People who beat the system...
Well, that's the problem. If you give them ground out of sheer political convenience and expediency, do you not further break down the fabric of society, such as it is?
I mean, what should we teach kids? If enough of you buck the system, the system will find a way to adapt to you and your goals?
Corporations beat the system constantly and try to find new ways all the time. Like registering offshore to avoid paying so many taxes here in the states.
If you "reward" those who buck the system, you penalize those who play by the rules. That's exactly where we are today, and it seems short-sighted.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

I don't care if their friendly or bitter,
provided they stay on their side of the border.
Wholley.
:evil:
ono_doken

Post by ono_doken »

ey chaps, dont get me wrong, i dont see why they should be rewarded, or why they cant stay in thier own county and make that work.... (trust me the UK is stuck with loads of cowards who dare not fight to make thier own country better and it does nothing more than piss me off everyday i see them wondering around halifax pestering our people because they are cowards and dare not fight a dictator, or dare not put in some hard graft to rebuild thier country)

but the few who do have ingenuity enough should perhaps be used rather than told to f*ck off ? -just an idea for a way to track down unknown avenues which the little buggers use to get in......
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

I had to laugh at the weekend in the Daily Mail where it quoted that in the Normanton region of Derby (England) the Indians and Pakistanis were objecting to the influx of thousands of Kurds to that area which was ruining their culture................Gordon Bennett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Spanners,
Same thing happened up north when the Russian mafia arrived in force.
The Italians complained!
Seriously though,I have no objection to any immigrant who does it the right way.I have many Mexican buddies who have assimilated and are hard working citizens,speak English and have learned to get along with us.
Now I think this is on thread,
VISIT USA.Is a Homeland security idea whereby foreigners will be finger printed,photographed and tracked during their stay in the US.27 Countries are exempt from this law as they have a no visa required deal with the US.Canada is one of those Countries.WHAT?
Most of the 9/11 terrorists entered this Country through Canada who at a time of heightened security relaxed their border control.
Anyhoo,my point is,whats the point of VISIT USA if it excludes certain Countries?........Oh I get it!We wont tell the terrorists which ones.
Jesus H.Christ on a bike.
When are we going to wake up!
Wholley.
:o
ono_doken

Post by ono_doken »

spannerman -> yeah well its typical of those types who refuse to integrate with our culture are the first to complain when thier precious ways are interfeered with??? -what about them messing with ours??? -they f@#k wits dont think of that! haha. i'd tell all to shut up crying and get along or thier toys will be tacken away! hehehehe
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

Greg S

Post by Greg S »

I'm a Brit living in Auckland New Zealand, but am coming back. If you want to move anywhere move to Australia!

Most New Zealanders are arrogant and the accent is whiney - plus they hate the English. Some Australians do, but most of them live out west.
Tab

Post by Tab »

If you go there to live mate, you go to join them, not moan about their way of life. What you make of it is up to you, so many people have gone there and settled in just fine so why are you so different?.

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

Tab your 100% correct.

I'm English not a New Zealander. Deep down you can't change who you are.......otherwise your kidding yourself.

I always used to think the 'grass was greener on the other side' but real life isn't like that. Best thing is to weigh up all the pros and cons.

Not all New Zealanders are arrogant - they have some kind of superiority complex. Everywhere you look their saying 'kiwis are the best at everything' and after a while it really does your head in.

There is also big problems with drugs over here (especially weed and methamphetamine)..........
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

This ought to get Wholley going...

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004 ... 2933.shtml

Mexicans Scream 'Osama!' as U.S. Olympic Team Loses

Boos nearly drowned out "The Star-Spangled Banner" and dozens of Mexicans chanted "Osama! Osama!" as Mexico eliminated the United States in Olympic men's soccer qualifying Tuesday night in Guadalajara.

"A loud anti-American crowd hollered as Mexico beat the United States 4-0 Tuesday night in the under-23 tournament, claiming a berth in the Athens Olympics," the Associated Press reported today.

Citizens of the problem-plagued country, as well as millions of illegal aliens in America, are still in a snit about their 2-0 defeat to the United States in the second round of the 2002 World Cup, a loss where they also expressed their anti-U.S. fanaticism.

The U.S. men will miss the Olympics for the first time since 1980, when Jimmy Carter, in a rare episode of trying to act tough, put the kibosh on Moscow.
Andy O'Pray

Post by Andy O'Pray »

wholley wrote:
Most of the 9/11 terrorists entered this Country through Canada who at a time of heightened security relaxed their border control.

:o
Wholley I would like to correct you on that assumption. It was proven that none of the terrorists involved in the 9/11 attack entered the US via Canada. They were either in the US or arrived from Germany. All of their flying lessons took place in the US. Isn't it so easy to blame someone else for your own failures.

Aye - Andy.
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

In defense of Wholley, much reporting (in hindsight obviously piss poor) initially blamed Canadian legislation and policies for 'allowing' terrorists into the US.
So it wasn't pulled out of thin air (except by journalists as unscrupulous in their relationship to facts as some in the White House).
Clearly this goes to the point Grayberet and I 'debated' on the importance of sticking to facts.

For whatever it may be worth, here is an apology from a US resident, me.
Andy O'Pray

Post by Andy O'Pray »

Frank, I always read your posts with interest as I know that they are well researched, I only wish that others did likewise.

Aye - Andy. :fadein: