Share This Page:

Third interview complete ..ADSC SOON!

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Alistair14

Re: Pre-selection etc booked ..Still got questions!

Post by Alistair14 »

Millar wrote:haha don't worry about it, was this your first formal or none formal interview?
Formal mate, just gotta work on the job briefs more!
Millar

Post by Millar »

Alistair14 wrote:
Millar wrote:haha don't worry about it, was this your first formal or none formal interview?
oh right fair enough, just do better on your second one then :p
Alistair14

Post by Alistair14 »

Millar wrote:
Alistair14 wrote:
oh right fair enough, just do better on your second one then :p
haha oh yes! I'm struggling to think of ways i can spread out my ice breakers for tomorrow, thats the only part im dreading
Millar

Post by Millar »

Just be calm, talk at a good steady speed without talking to fast, look your audience in the eyes, and just go into allot of detail about a certain topic if you can't think of anything else to say.
Alistair14

Post by Alistair14 »

SO!!!

My run was shit ..my ice breaker was shit ..i didnt do as good as i thought i would, but all in all it was a great day and a good experience :3
Millar

Post by Millar »

Most importantly did they allow you to move onto booking your ADSC? My Careers office wouldn't let you progress onto the next stage unless they seen that you could get below 11mins on 1.5, lift the power bag at max weight, take Jerry cans max distance and score high on the Ice Breaker.
Alistair14

Post by Alistair14 »

Millar wrote:Most importantly did they allow you to move onto booking your ADSC? My Careers office wouldn't let you progress onto the next stage unless they seen that you could get below 11mins on 1.5, lift the power bag at max weight, take Jerry cans max distance and score high on the Ice Breaker.
hes moved me onto my third interview cause i havent done that yet, he said my running ill do fine cause he knows i can do it in less time than i did it (stupid me)
and my ice breaker score, he said i need to impress the major at the interview so he can look past my ice breaker and let me move onto my ADSC
Millar

Post by Millar »

Alistair14 wrote:
Millar wrote:Most importantly did they allow you to move onto booking your ADSC? My Careers office wouldn't let you progress onto the next stage unless they seen that you could get below 11mins on 1.5, lift the power bag at max weight, take Jerry cans max distance and score high on the Ice Breaker.
hes moved me onto my third interview cause i havent done that yet, he said my running ill do fine cause he knows i can do it in less time than i did it (stupid me)
and my ice breaker score, he said i need to impress the major at the interview so he can look past my ice breaker and let me move onto my ADSC
Great news m8, my friend is on his 6th IDSC attempt because he can do everything perfectly but his run time won't go below 11.07 so your lucky there :)
Alistair14

Post by Alistair14 »

Millar wrote:
Alistair14 wrote:
Great news m8, my friend is on his 6th IDSC attempt because he can do everything perfectly but his run time won't go below 11.07 so your lucky there :)
Thanks fella, oh wow, is he going in for para's then? i think iw as told 12:40 so i was 7 seconds off, but i just need to get that down as far as i can, i got 10:36 on the tread mill xD And my ice breaker i NEEEED to work on, apart from that it was cool!
Millar

Post by Millar »

No he's going for Royal Signals and he needs 14:30 for his Job Choice, but my Careers Office have really high standards and won't put anyone through no matter there job choices unless they get below 11mins, there's no arguing it either as at the end of the day it's down to them who they put through, shame really though as we applied together, would have liked to have been doing Basic with him, but that's life haha
Alistair14

Post by Alistair14 »

Millar wrote:No he's going for Royal Signals and he needs 14:30 for his Job Choice, but my Careers Office have really high standards and won't put anyone through no matter there job choices unless they get below 11mins, there's no arguing it either as at the end of the day it's down to them who they put through, shame really though as we applied together, would have liked to have been doing Basic with him, but that's life haha
Ooh fair enough, a decent enough time!
Ahhh so he has no choice but to get it down to 11 minutes or under, bad times bro! He'll manage it :)
Wish i applied with someone and could go through it all with them tbh, i hate doing it alone XD
Fent

Re: Pre-selection complete ..third interview booked! - quest

Post by Fent »

Im most nervous about the Ice Breaker to be honest.
Alistair14

Post by Alistair14 »

Fent wrote:Im most nervous about the Ice Breaker to be honest.
its not that bad tbh, im just a nervous wreck infront of new people!!

I got my third interview friday and im not suuure what to expect still ..any advice or experience from others?
Millar

Post by Millar »

Alistair14 wrote:

I got my third interview friday and im not suuure what to expect still ..any advice or experience from others?
Does this mean that you have completed ADSC then?

if it's a formal Interview do allot of research on your first Job choice, and brush up a little on 2nd and 3rd, they want to make sure that you haven't just chosen the Job with the best looking cap badge, sit back in your chair staring them in the eye, don't leen forwards or touch there desk, talk slowly and confidently, smile and polite when appropriate and above all else shake there hand and thank them for there time at the end of the Interview :)

Best of luck and keep us posted.
Alistair14

Post by Alistair14 »

Millar wrote:
Alistair14 wrote:

Does this mean that you have completed ADSC then?

if it's a formal Interview do allot of research on your first Job choice, and brush up a little on 2nd and 3rd, they want to make sure that you haven't just chosen the Job with the best looking cap badge, sit back in your chair staring them in the eye, don't leen forwards or touch there desk, talk slowly and confidently, smile and polite when appropriate and above all else shake there hand and thank them for there time at the end of the Interview :)

Best of luck and keep us posted.

I havent done the ADSC as of yet, ive done my pre-selection and they moved me to the third interview and then if i do that wel enough i can move onto my ADSC :D
I've been revising more and more this week, ive had an extra week cause i changed my interview from last week to this friday so im still a bit nervous! :(

thanks buddy ..i will!