Share This Page:

prmc training

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
loken

prmc training

Post by loken »

Sorry if this has been covered in the main forum but for some reason i have trouble loading up some of the threads. Essentially, I have been applying for the marines for a few years now. Initially I applied as an officer, and after a very lengthy and drawn out application process, involving my details going missing and having to re apply, I attended a poc last June.
Unfortunately I wasn’t quite fit enough and on the run back to base after the endurance course I passed out with about a mile to go. Because of my age I re-applied as a regular. that was in July and i have a prmc date for march 2012.unfortunately i have had sporadic illness's and injuries over the last two months, nothing major, just enough to offset my training. my question is- i have about 18 weeks before my test, is that enough time to get fit enough for prmc? (with help)i have drawn up a comprehensive training program, including every different aspect of training; long distance, circuits, determination tests, sprinting, interval, cycling, swimming etc etc I know this may sound like a stupid question for some of you guys on here, but I don’t have a massive knowledge of training outside of sports! Having been on a poc I know how tough these courses are and I am absolutely determined to become a royal marine and not fail like last time. I just want to make sure I can give it the beans at the prmc and do the best I can. Any tips, suggestions would be much appreciated!
iv been waiting so long to get my chance to get into the rmc and working in sales is so bad I might pluck my own eyes out if I don’t get in next year!
Hyperlithe

Re: prmc training

Post by Hyperlithe »

18 weeks is long enough, if you do it right, don't worry!
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
Amphibian

Post by Amphibian »

As Hyperlithe said, 18 weeks is enough. More than enough in my opinion. Focus on your running and bodyweight exercises. If you crack on now you'll be fine. Just avoid injury, and stretch loads. Good luck with everything.
"Chin up, crack on"
loken

Post by loken »

cool, cheers guys, appreciate the help. defo gonna stretch and train sensibly, determined to be injury free!