Share This Page:

Broken knee

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Widger699

Broken knee

Post by Widger699 »

Hello all,

I'm 19 and have wanted to join the paras for as long as i can remember. I went on the insight course (loved it and got a "green light") and was in the process of the application (passed barb, medical). But while waiting for selection date i had an accident whilst at work. I was unloading railway sleepers off a lorry, one fell off and landed on my knee. I went to hospital had it xrayed and was told it was only a hyper extension so i went on my already booked lads holiday to ayia napa. Thinking i was being a wimp because it hurt i just ignored the pain and just got on with it. When i got home i recieved a call from my GP to say it had been broken and i had to get it seen to, i'm now waiting for an MRI scan to see how damaged it is but its probably i've got osteoarthritis. I've told my recruiter about the accident but would prefer to not disclose the possible further problems because it may stop me joining. I was wondering if anyone can offer some advice about what to do and if anyone has had similad experience and still joined?

I'm desperate to join as its been my dream to be a para all my life. Any help appreciated.