Share This Page:

The New Single Out By The Army

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
Tab

The New Single Out By The Army

Post by Tab »

Fusilier

Post by Fusilier »

Sorry Tab but I thought it was dog shit.

I could find plenty better on YouTube. No disrespect to the boys but just because they are soldiers does not make them good singers or this a great song.
[url=http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/806d_7.jpg][img]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/th_806d_7.jpg[/img][/url]

"The Regiment has served in every major campaign dating back to 1674."

3 RRF
Anti-Tanks: MILAN
Army Colours for Judo.
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

Nice harmony singing & it captures the message and the zeitgeist.
good job.
bored_stupid

Post by bored_stupid »

I agree with Fusilier it's pretty gash, they have decent voices and the sentiment is spot on but lets face it, it's a bit "westlife" isn't it. Stuff like that makes me cringe a bit when its too soppy.

I can't see many lads having this belting out of their windows in the block or breaking into a few verses of it after a night on the lash.

I know it's obviously covering a sensitive issue but it's not really a soldiers song is it.

Having said that I hope it does well and sells a lot of copies, maybe that's the thinking behind it, something for joe public to lap up rather than for squaddies.
Marina

Post by Marina »

The whole message behind the song is great......, they have good harmonious voices BUT its a bit too bland and it needs a liitle bit more heart and soul. IMHO you need have a great melody to remember the song for a long time. I am not saying you need a heavy metal, motown song or a ballad.

Anyway, I hope it sells well