Share This Page:

The Rifles & Questions

"Be The Best" Discussions about the British Army.
Trev1

The Rifles & Questions

Post by Trev1 »

Hi everyone I want to join the Rifles 1,2 or 3 (Commando or Light role) and was just wondering if there is any members of this website in the Rifles? I was also wondering if you guys could answer me some questions please?
1. How often do the Rifles (Light role/Commando role) get to go on an operational tour?
2. Is the Rifles training 26 weeks?
3. How often would I travel in the Rifles (Light role/Commando role)?
4. Is it montly or weekly pay?
5. Would I get paid after everthing needed is taken off (I'm not joining for the money just curious)
6.What are my chances of getting into 1 (which is the main one Id like to join) 2 or 3?
7. What scores should I be looking for on my ADSC (I want to blow the maximum away)

Thanks for reading everyone!!! :D
Trev1

Post by Trev1 »

Anybody??
Mike90

Post by Mike90 »

Look up 'Stinky' and drop him a PM, pretty sure he is in 4 RIFLES but still might be able to answer your questions.
Jordan-Abbott

Re: The Rifles & Questions

Post by Jordan-Abbott »

I'm going in for 2 Rifles (Junior entry where I'll earn my cap badge within the 22nd week of training at Harrogate hopefully), if you're going for higher entry then I'm sure it's 26 weeks. The Rifles are trained in the light role mainly from what I've read.
Tab

Post by Tab »

Rifles /Commando. Well it is the Rifles full stop. and a tour may come around every 18 months
Chris129

Post by Chris129 »

Trev1 wrote:Hi everyone I want to join the Rifles 1,2 or 3 (Commando or Light role) and was just wondering if there is any members of this website in the Rifles? I was also wondering if you guys could answer me some questions please?
1. How often do the Rifles (Light role/Commando role) get to go on an operational tour?
2. Is the Rifles training 26 weeks?
3. How often would I travel in the Rifles (Light role/Commando role)?
4. Is it montly or weekly pay?
5. Would I get paid after everthing needed is taken off (I'm not joining for the money just curious)
6.What are my chances of getting into 1 (which is the main one Id like to join) 2 or 3?
7. What scores should I be looking for on my ADSC (I want to blow the maximum away)

Thanks for reading everyone!!! :D

1. Rifles are on back to back tours of Afghan!!!
2. Yes its standard CIC
3. Depends the oppotunity is there
4. Monthly get paid last working day
5. Yes
6. Half way though CIC you get to pick almost everyone gets there choice
7. Score A on everything
HCR

Post by HCR »

I dont think the Rifles are ever not on Tour. They always seem to be in the think of it. And sadly always seem to be loosing blokes.

Good Regiment the Rifles.
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' 'Chuck him out, the brute!'
But it's 'Saviour of 'is country' when the guns begin to shoot; (Rudyard Kipling)