Share This Page:

transfers

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
Stewby

transfers

Post by Stewby »

Gents/ladies

I am currently serving in the navy I wish to transfer to the army and have been told i cant until i have served my return of service (only another 8 months so not a massive problem.)

However I imagined id be able to take my 4 years naval service into the army and put it towards my 22, i have been told though that the only way to join the army is to leave the navy (after my return of service) and join the army as a civvie (losing my pension).

I have friends who have transfered from the army/raf into the navy who have done just this but the navy careers advisers in Portsmouth tell this is not an option as I would be transferring from a 'senior service'.

I don't expect any special treatment and am fully aware i would have to start army basic day one week one (i wouldn't want it any other way). I do wish to carry on my pension though and don't see why in these days of 'tri-service' why this isn't possible.

Anyone with any advice or knowledge on this subject please drop me a line, pm or on this thread.

Many thanks

Rob
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Best thing to do is to hang it out and wait untill you're service time is up, then request a detailed tranfer to you're chosen Regiment.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.