Share This Page:

OI OI

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
DOSSER

OI OI

Post by DOSSER »

OI OI,

I’m “Dosser” (something to do with getting drunk and sleeping in wierd places :oops: ), 23 years old from sunny Glasgow. I guess you can tell I am new to this forum, so please play nice :-?

I thought I may as well put my first post in the introduction section, so here goes.

I joined this forum to look for tips in building my fitness, I plan to join Her Majesty’s Corps of Royal Marines next September after completing college next year, and have found some very good posts in the “Royal Marines” section. Although it does make me realise I have a long way to go and a short time to get there. I was going to join the TA in the mean time but as the AFCO says I will need to forget everything they tell me so...

I realised just how fit I am not, but my dedication and commitment will get me there, I’m hoping. Still nothing ventured nothing gained and all that. Stop dreaming and start training, eh…

I was never good at introductions so "Hello."

DOSSER
"Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." - Joshua Marine
jammin87

Post by jammin87 »

Evening Dosser. You'd be surprised how much you can achieve by September. I'll be back in Glasgow by September, but I doubt it'll still be sunny by then (though I hope it is).
DOSSER

Post by DOSSER »

jammin87 wrote:You'd be surprised how much you can achieve by September. I'll be back in Glasgow by September, but I doubt it'll still be sunny by then (though I hope it is).

Cheers mate,

I should have been clearer I have another year of college :evil: before I can apply. So I will be applying in June 09, the AFCO reckon I will make a Sept 09 intake.

15 months of training should ensure I can crack PRMC and give a good account of myself at Lympstone, after that if it's meant to be it will be.

Sunny in September, not likely; all decent weather leaves with the Fair :cry:

DOSSER
"Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." - Joshua Marine