Share This Page:

Xbox live

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
1664Kro

Post by 1664Kro »

AJtothemax I bought Call of Duty4 on friday and all I can say is. . . .I'm Hooked :o Awesome game ! If you play online my name on it is 'Airborne'
When Evil Strives To Overcome Good, When Firepower is Greater Than The Spoken Word Then Death Rides A Winged Horse
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Mate, my bro and I completed it on Friday night.

When you get to do a straifing mission with an AC-130 Spectre Gunship, thats cool. 8)

Here's a little preview. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V4caDv58z38

If you don't have this game, get it. :wink:
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

AJtothemax wrote:If you don't have this game, get it. :wink:
Won't be out on PC for a while though. :(

So are you British or American on there? Or like on the Call of Duty's, do you skip between nations?
1664Kro

Post by 1664Kro »

:-? It is out on PC, your a bit behind mate
When Evil Strives To Overcome Good, When Firepower is Greater Than The Spoken Word Then Death Rides A Winged Horse
hemmingwayIII

Post by hemmingwayIII »

Dear lord I want this game so much!!!
I can't afford it though :(
Life Is Short, So, Sleep When You're Dead
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

hemmingwayIII wrote:dear lord I want this game so much!!!
I cant afford it though :(
http://www.play.com

Usually cheaper than any shop mate and everything is free delivery.

David, its joint op's so you swtich in-between when you do the campaign and you end up linking up towards the end. It's good.

Online multiplay is wicked as well, and because you're up against other people, it improves your skills a lot as you have to think quicker as well as be more aware. If you're good online, you'll smash the campaign, even when it's on hardcore.
AJ

davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

1664Kro wrote::-? It is out on PC, your a bit behind mate
Opps true. Sorry 1664Kro, my mistake.

Sounds good, might have to drop a hint or two to the folks, being that time of year!
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

davidemmerson wrote:Sounds good, might have to drop a hint or two to the folks, being that time of year!
Get it from Play.com though ok. Because I'm 90% sure you won't find it cheaper anywhere else. Well, anywhere legally. 8)
AJ

davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

Yeah sure thing, will do. How long did it take you to complete?

David
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

davidemmerson wrote:Yeah sure thing, will do. How long did it take you to complete?

David
Over night. I did it with my brother while eating pizza and drinking.

Expect big from this game because you get what you pay for. Best Call Of Duty with out a doubt. :D
AJ

Starwon

Post by Starwon »

AJtothemax wrote:When you get to do a straifing mission with an AC-130 Spectre Gunship, thats cool. 8)
That bit was awesome! Also when you're playing as the Marines and have to use the Javelin to take out the 3 tanks was good.

Yet to try it online though but have been hearing good things.
1664Kro

Post by 1664Kro »

I'am the virtual god online, kill every thing that moves, even my teammates :oops:

I know I'm sad :(
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

I just hate those bloody attack dogs!!! :x

If you don't get it right the first couple of times they try and bite you they maul you to death in seconds.

Tip to anyone playing: Using the SAW, get the rounds down quickly with accurate bursts. If they duck behind a wall - there's no where to hide for them, smash em and shoot through the wall. It's a game but don't forget to fire and maneuver so you don't get bogged down with relentless onslaught. You can finish the fights very quickly by quickly taking the fight to them. When using sniper rifles, press down on the toggle stick to hold your breath so you can aim properly.

If anyone has trouble doing the SAS mission with the barrett .50, look at the flag on the car for wind direction, then blow that w*nkers head off, then shoot the pilot in the attack helicopter followed by getting back to the extraction point asap. Once you get there, set up your claymores in a 180 degree's to create a buffer zone to stop yourself from being over-run too quickly. You should have already put the captain down in the trees so no one can come from behind you. Engage the targets as they appear asap or you'll soon be having to fight off attack's from almost every direction.
AJ

1664Kro

Post by 1664Kro »

I bunny hop all over the place :D Nothing worse than an enemy jumping up and down while shooting at you with a machine gun and throwing 'nades. I call it the Rambo attack !
1664Kro

Post by 1664Kro »

To be honest all that action gets a bit boring, if your really in to military tactics then you should play 'Rome Total War'.
You reenact the campaigns done by the Roman Empire or you can choose to go your own way and Invade other countries which the Romans didnt go, for example they couldnt take over scotland :lol: But i managed to, it was quite hard. Or you can fight as other factions such as Britania, Greece and many more others. Its good for a History lesson also, I learned more in the game than in my history class :o You control the entire army and the battles are quite epic with a few thousand troops in the battle field, charging cavalry, flamming arrows flying across the sky, roman cohorts in the thick of battle with their swords and shields. It's a real insight on how they use to fight in the olden days, inspiring in a away. when you have a massive army in the battle field you feel a sense of power, you can really apply tactics to this game and if your good enough and have loads of time on your hands you can take over all of the known world muhahahahaha :evil: (I need to get out more :o )