Share This Page:

Training

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
jayy69

Training

Post by jayy69 »

Hi, Im due to go down to HMS Raleigh on 6th January for my training but ive been told ive got to go down to Scotland for a 4 day training course and i dont really know what to expect, and is anybody due to go to Raleigh on the same date as me?
Deckard18

Post by Deckard18 »

For the record...it's up to Scotland. You'll likely be going to Rosyth for the acquaintance course rather than training (Raleigh is your training) its a way for them to see if you have enough to get through Basic and a chance for you too see if it's what you really want.

Anyway, you can expect a a fitness test ( 1.5 mile/s in under 11 mins and as many press-ups and sit-ups as you can do) and a nice session of circuit training and a swim test (3 mins treading the water and then 2 lentghs all to be done in overalls). Hard but good fun, I was meant to pop by my uncles after the course but was on such a high I forgot haha

I'm due at Raleigh on the 7th of October, so no luck there.
walklate

Post by walklate »

Deckard18 wrote:For the record...it's up to Scotland. You'll likely be going to Rosyth for the acquaintance course rather than training (Raleigh is your training) its a way for them to see if you have enough to get through Basic and a chance for you too see if it's what you really want.

Anyway, you can expect a a fitness test ( 1.5 mile/s in under 11 mins and as many press-ups and sit-ups as you can do) and a nice session of circuit training and a swim test (3 mins treading the water and then 2 lentghs all to be done in overalls). Hard but good fun, I was meant to pop by my uncles after the course but was on such a high I forgot haha

I'm due at Raleigh on the 7th of October, so no luck there.
Same here 7th Oct, you flying in from Scotland or rail ?