Share This Page:

Help would be nice :)

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
Bum_Cheek

Help would be nice :)

Post by Bum_Cheek »

Need to pass my interview next week i'm quite confident but not sure what to expect!! Oh and aswell does it matter if you can't see very well because i'm scared i won't pass my eye exam... i do wear contacts but is that a problem haha think i'm being stupid :D
ReadyEddie

Post by ReadyEddie »

Can't really help with your eye test mate. Either you'll pass or you wont, it's as simple as that, so there's no point worrying too much.

As for the interview, just relax and be yourself. Answer the questions honestly, play up any sporting achievements(they love that) and tell them you've done some manual work or diy before. Make out you're pretty independent and you'll be fine. It also helps if you know things like how long your 1st phase training is going to be(9 weeks for you), what your pvr options are and how long 2nd phase is going to be in your trade. Basic stuff really.
Chris1983

Post by Chris1983 »

Like ReadyEddie says, the questions are all basic and easy enough to answer. They asked me about some of the different ships in the surface fleet and there roles. Family and social circles is another area that gets covered but again, nothing to worry about.

My eye site is quite poor and I also wear contact lenses all the time. I made the 3rd of the 3 standards and that was enough to get me the branch I was after (Marine Engineering). You can wear lenses when your in but are required to have a pair of glasses as well.
Bum_Cheek

Post by Bum_Cheek »

Haha i know it's nothing to worry about really. Well it is i suppose. Ta for the advice anyway :) sure i will do fine. And i would like to say i'm so chuffed i passed my test thingy you have to do and i was the only girl that did wayyyyyyyyyyy. Just to let everyone whos reading this right now i'm not a geek ok :) ha!