Share This Page:

AIB

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
Altieri

AIB

Post by Altieri »

Just want to say thanks to whoever runs this place, I've found a load of information here. Really useful.

In fact, the only questions I have left are a little off topic. I dont' know if anyone here is able to give me an answer but;

I'm expecting to hear from the AIB soon giving me a date to come over and do their 3 days of testing. I've applied to go in as a Warfare Officer. I currently have fairly long hair and a beard... but its tidy enough. I figured it wouldn't be such a big problem going as I am, but other people have warned me against it, saying I'm being naive and I'll have no chance unless I cut the hair and go clean shaven. The thought never crossed my mind.

Not such a big thing, really. Just a curiosity. Just wanting to know whats expected of me.

Alt.
sophiebutty

Post by sophiebutty »

Hola,

Hmm all the guys on my AIB were clean shaven and had short hair. I think it just depends what longish means. Pony tail would be a no. Just on the collar surfer bum style a risky maybe. Could you get away with them with a beard...not sure. Ultimately, they'll make their assessment of your appearance in a few seconds. You need to impress someone who considers casual clothing flannels, blue shirt and a blazer thus long hair is a rather alien concept. Afraid you need to think 1950s chique. Has your ACLO said anything on the matter?

Good luck
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

Turning up with a beard would be taking the piss!
Altieri

Post by Altieri »

Thanks guys.

Pretty much what I'd heard from others then. Just a shame I look like a 12 year old without the beard.