Share This Page:

Air Engineering Technichan

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
Deckard18

Air Engineering Technichan

Post by Deckard18 »

Hello all,
I've been thinking of joining the Navy for a good while now but there are certain factors which are holding my application back,I was hoping you could help me out.

1) The recent news about the Navy that much of it's fleet is going to be cut. Yet the Navy are advertising this job on the TV and Job Centre as far I know,so should I still send my application in?

2)Although my physical fitness is up to the standards I'm not sure I'm ellgible for the role as Air Engineering Technichan. Apparently I have to take four tests in my apptitude test those being; Reasoning,Verbal Ability,Numeracy and Mechanical Comprehension.

Reason,Verbal ability and Numeracy I should be OK with but I don't know too much about Mechanics (which is quite obviously needed) Is there any books,or websites that will help me "swat up" before this test takes place?

Other than I should be fine,cheers.
jamie534

Post by jamie534 »

They'll give you the info you need at the AFCO. Do you have any sort of colour blindness since that can prevent entry as an AET?
E5_Man

Post by E5_Man »

Its just a basic aptitude test all people wishing to join the Royal Navy/Royal Marines have to take it. The Mechanics is mostly common sense to be honest.
Before you insult someone, first walk a mile in their shoes, that way when you insult them, you are a mile away and you have their shoes.