Share This Page:

Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy

Recommended Books you have read or great films you have watched.
Oakers

Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy

Post by Oakers »

This is basically about a multi national CT team and the ops they face. It's a great book and the attention to detail is superb.

For anyone who has an interest or prior knowledge of the subject it's well worth the read and I think you'll be suitably impressed. On the down side it is a little "americanised" but you take the good with the bad right.

Cheers

Oakers
Dmanton300

Re: Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy

Post by Dmanton300 »

Oakers wrote:This is basically about a multi national CT team and the ops they face. It's a great book and the attention to detail is superb.

For anyone who has an interest or prior knowledge of the subject it's well worth the read and I think you'll be suitably impressed. On the down side it is a little "americanised" but you take the good with the bad right.

Cheers

Oakers
Probably my favourite bit was the synchronised double snipe of the terrorist in the theme park who'd shot the little girl. . "Good night Eileen!"
The latest and greatest is the new Buccaneer
All full of black boxes and Scimitar gear
But don't worry Kruschev, you're safe 'till the days
The F*****g great bastard is fitted with Speys!
Dave_Billing

I agree

Post by Dave_Billing »

I thoroughly like this guys books. Solid action all the way through. Rainbow Six starts with suspense leading to action and keeps it up all the way through the book. Makes me wish I was younger and had been in SF.

Some of his stuff seems prophetic too. I sometimes wonder if terrorists read his books for ideas.
...Dave...