Share This Page:

Raleigh

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
jockladfaejockland

Raleigh

Post by jockladfaejockland »

I just got off the phone to my mate who has just passed out of raleigh and he said they no longer have to A4 clothes. All they have to do is to have them ironed hanging up and ready to wear and they have washing machines! its all the pink and fluffy treatment everyone is getting going through basic. I spent half my time in the kit wash room and the other half in the ironing room. The rest you were getting ran ragged from PTIs, pissed off ex bootnecks that transferred to the blue navy and POs' whos aggresive behaviour can only be explained by lack of sex from his better half. what is the world coming to? :evil: Drip over . I am off to dhobi my gear in a sink. :D
Nobbys the name Minehunting the game.

I'll get me coat...
Worthers Original

Post by Worthers Original »

I'm off down the recruitment office to sign up.

:)

Are there a choice of times to order breakfast in bed for as I don't want to be getting up too early.

Cutting out some of the BS can only be a good thing though if you want to address problems with recruitment and retention.
jockladfaejockland

I agree with it on some points but lets be fair here the fitness standards for the RN aren't all that high they should not be lowering them further because of the numbers game! I spoke to a lad who could not bang out 26 push ups in 2 mins or do his sit ups but he is here in Collingwood I think it has become far to easy I don't think I had it to hard but it seems to have got easier

I'll get me coat...
HotShot

Post by HotShot »

Clothes don't have to be folded to precicely A4, but in that region. We all folded around A4 boards anyway for convienience if anything, and because our Divisional staff were still keen on the old standards.

Also, you aren't actually meant to use the washing machines, thats just the laundry for phase 2 onwards up near the naafi. Still meant to be handwashing :P

And about hanging up...that depends on your DO. In Walker Division, we weren't allowed to hang up anything besides our 1s, and our 3s trousers. Everything else was to be folded, and ironed when we wanted to use them. Though I did hear that the Drake lot were allowed to hang it all. It's all on this crap about concentrating on fitness and teamwork rather than kit :/

We only had 1 beasting session, which was in week 7, so can't really complain there. That ended with a few people going down sick bay with back problems though, supposedly squatting with puddings above your head isn't all that healthy.

I just passed out about 5 weeks ago, by the way.
Doc

Post by Doc »

WALKER!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Bunch of cnuts!!!

Ex-Oliver myself..........standeasy! :lol:
OMSSMretd

Post by OMSSMretd »

Drake- We had a sadistic DO who was rather fond of motivation runs luckily for us we only reached level 2 apparently there were 10 levels.
In my intake all the bankers sons were in Cunningham. One particular Geordie Gib- Shote tried to foul me during football so I executed a perfect sidekick to the knee and he crumpled seeing him going off on a stretcher was well worth 2 mins in the sin bin. Happy days!
It's a submarine not a f*cking tambourine !
HotShot

Post by HotShot »

I quite fancied being in Fisguard, heard it was pretty slack as well. The last tiffs, in Walker...bahhh, so much for tradition, the OM(W)'s got it I think :(
jockladfaejockland

Walker myself. We had a rather weird DO Lt PTI who loved those cross country runs and reporting to the PT staff if he felt that we should get that little bit of an extra beastin thus my eight weeks were a bit sore :lol:

I'll get me coat...
Hallsy

Post by Hallsy »

we had quite a few beastings it was a great laugh!

running kit musters was a favourite when i was there aswell, all the other divisions would stare at us from the windows watching us run up an down the stairs to the quad, each time in different rig an made to do press-ups until the last guy come down....

then it was a nice jog down to fire school...all in good health we enjoyed it!
OMSSMretd

Post by OMSSMretd »

Dont forget the stamp on the forhead to prove you'd been there
"please dont sweat, please dont sweat" :lol:
It's a submarine not a f*cking tambourine !
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

It has to be A4 through Raleigh...
Once i got to collingwood i was told all that could be hung up should be.. easy stuff after Raleigh... Actually scrub that, easy stuff all the way through, Raleigh is a walk in the park..

In Culdrose now, got my transfer to be a chock head :D
HotShot

Post by HotShot »

Sounds like we got it easy :-? Worst thing we had was a week or so of Commodores rounds. Saw a few classes get the running kit musters, good laugh.

No idea what branch our DO was, but she was new to the job, and seemed nervous... she didn't get involved much at all :/

I'm at Collingwood now, pretty slack, except I got trooped for missing a Duty-Watch muster which I wasn't informed about, along with another classmate. :/
Hallsy

Post by Hallsy »

im at collingwood, only got 2 more weeks left after the hols then im back onboard.