Share This Page:

How would you train your own special forces??

General discussions on joining & training within Special Forces.
I3ladeDragon

How would you train your own special forces??

Post by I3ladeDragon »

If you were to own your own special forces, with money equal to a large countries funds, what would your special forces be like? What training would you give them? How would you outfit them? Place your ideas here! (Be realistic.... it's modern day tech. and time period!)

The reason why I am asking this is because I am doing an alternate reality World War 2 game in which I own a country and have to make it progress. I want the best special forces I can get and am gathering ideas. It would be awesome if you guys could make up a good special forces program! I know I said modern day tech in the above paragraph, but thats because the game I am in has progressed into modern day tech, but still in world war 2. (BTW, the UK and US are my allies, I am Japan, and most of Europe has turned against the UK!) Thats why I need this help!
SO19

Post by SO19 »

o.O
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
CptStabbo

Post by CptStabbo »

Hi BladeDragon (i'm sure thats the genuinely frightening name you were really after),

What a great question! I've been thinking about this alot over the last few years and was starting to believe that no-one would ever ask my opinion on the matter - so here goes:

Firstly I would locate and capture 320 multi-species, female primates and bring them back to the UK (the easy bit).

They would spend 6 months sitting GCSEs and A-Levels in French and Woodwork before i selected the creatures with the best results to go on to selection 'proper'.

At this stage they would be equipped with invisibilty cloaks and grappling hooks before being tasked with rebuilding a significant portion of Hadrians Wall during the winter months and only in the hours of darkness.

Those that do not perish or simply give up and tab to Glasgow in search of a better life have passed, and move onto life in the Squadron.

I'd love to tell you what happens after this - but for security reasons I cannot - i'm sure you understand - it would endanger the lives of my 'lads' and we have enough of a recruitment problem as it is.

I look forward to seeing my thoughts and processes embodied in the finished board game - i'd love to test the game when it's ready - can i be the boot?

Regards,

Captain Stabbo.
Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate »

I could tell you but I'd have to shred you after.

However, in light of the funds you have available, I could offer you a team of consultants, who would be willing to train and equip your SF. Obviously they wouldnt be as good as mine, that would be daft as we might have to take you on one day, and we dont like fighting people as good as us.

If you want to take up the offer leave a large stack of cash in a brown envelope on your bedside table on friday night and one of my operatives will collect it - while you sleep - to prove our efficiency.

We will then be in touch.
I3ladeDragon

Post by I3ladeDragon »

LMFAO! Well, this is not a board game, more of a RPG of sorts. Only I'm not restricted by a game engine or anything...

I like that monkey idea though....

anyways, I like the witty posts! But that does not deliver a solid answer to my question dealing with what I need to win this game! Right now the UK leader has gone into hiding, while my troops are attempting to protect him. Now 5 countries (controlled by other players) are fighting against him. The US (also played by a player) ain't doin shit. So help your alternate reality country and develop a good SF training program for "my" troops.

(BTW, the UK is being attacked because the person who is playing as it has become "too" powerful in that his technology has advanced far beyond all others... the other players are pretty much scared of the UK right now! lol!)
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

Think the witty posts may be implying that you should have posted in the Special Needs Forces forum instead.

But since the game seems to be whatever you can make up, how about this:

Step 1. Be really good at stuff.

Hope that helps!

PS My alternate reality self thanks you for your flattery of his alternate reality country..I, alteratively, found it a bit obvious.
I3ladeDragon

Post by I3ladeDragon »

I am sorry. I'm new to these forums and didn't know where exactly to post this... so I decided I would put it here. If a mod or admin would move this topic to the correct forum, then that would be great!

BTW as far as progress in the game goes, for any who are interested, I have invested many dollars in a special project to make long-distance remote controlled jets with missiles that contain napalm and thousands of shards of glass as well as two forward mounted chainguns. The are pretty expensive, but are small enough to slip past most radar and could be the factor to helping out my ally.
Wee Willy Winkie

Post by Wee Willy Winkie »

youuuuuu plonker
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
I3ladeDragon

Post by I3ladeDragon »

Wee Willy Winkie wrote:youuuuuu plonker
plonker? whats that?
SO19

Post by SO19 »

I really can't believe threads like this are being made... last time I checked this place was for professional advice, not endorsing some kids playtime.

Plonker indeed. :o
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
SO19

Post by SO19 »

1. plonker

a foolish or stupid person.

"You're such a plonker, Rodney"
Doc

Post by Doc »

plonker is an old english term meaning a well respected forward thinking industrialist, nowadays its used more to imply awe toward another persons achievements.

Call your work colleagues it and your boss, and then explain and they will feel great.
I3ladeDragon

Post by I3ladeDragon »

SO19 wrote:I really can't believe threads like this are being made... last time I checked this place was for professional advice, not endorsing some kids playtime.

Plonker indeed. :o
Hmmmm... okay... well, if it's professional advice then....

can you tell me what the UK special forces are like and what you know about their training, tactics, and possibly even the "tools of war" they use? I can take this professional information and modify it to fit the game the way I wanted it to be sorta.
james_m

Post by james_m »

Yes Osama they will tell you their most in depth secrets and tactics! :roll: :-?

You spoon