Share This Page:

Bristol RMR

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines Reserve.
chris78290

Bristol RMR

Post by chris78290 »

When is the next intake at Bristol?

Also, if you express interest before the intake date, do they tell you to come back at the time or do they keep you involved until the intake begins...?
Skiffle

Post by Skiffle »

Right,

Sorry it's taken a while to post an answer on this.

RMR Bristol have two recruit intakes a year. One in Jan/Feb and the other six months later.

If you express an interest then you are invited along to the recruitment presentation evening at one of the local detatchments. All the presentations are run on either the second or third Wednesday of the month.

If you choose to join then you turn up for the Potential Recruit Course and are offered a place subject to passing. There are no limits on numbers per intake (the more the merrier).

RMR Bristol doesn't do anything other than keep in touch with regards to turning up for the recruitment evening and PRC. Unlike some other RMR units, they have two intakes a year, so they do not have any form of holding troop.

If you're interested, then contact RMR Bristol's recruiting officer/ senior NCO (01179 733 523)and they will give you all the info.

I will also answer your question on RMR to Regulars as soon as I can. 8)
Chaos, Disorder, Destruction.....My work here is done!

"The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been. --- Alan Ashley Pitt"

Why can't you accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
chris78290

Post by chris78290 »

cheers for the info, am moving to bristol from scotland in September so I will get in touch once I'm down there to find out about Jan/Feb intake
Skiffle

Post by Skiffle »

Chris78290,

Have just done the transfer the other way. Gone from Bristol to Scotland. RMR Scotland has an intake coming up in June/July time. Might be worth having a word with them as you could get a head start on training up here and transfer down. Maybe even join the holding troop here in Scotland and get your phys up for Bristol.

Just a thought :roll: 8)

"The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been. --- Alan Ashley Pitt"

Why can't you accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
chris78290

Post by chris78290 »

cheers for the heads up, will look into it...

When you mentioned the potential recruits course you do at the time of the intake, i've had a look round and cant find any info about it, is it similar to the PRMC in form, easier, different,.... any clues... cheers for the info!
Skiffle

Post by Skiffle »

The PRC is the RMR's version of the PRMC, only done over a weekend. You will get physical tests and lectures on what you will be expected to do and what life is like.

At the end of the weekend (Sunday morning) you will then have to decide if you want to take up any offered place. While there are physical tests which do have pass and fail marks, the pass marks can be a little more flexible. This is down to you as an individual having to increase your own levels of physical abilities outside of the RMR. If you don't show the improvement in your physical abilities you won't be sent on the commando courses to earn your green beret and it would take longer to earn as well. 8)