Share This Page:

Army school leavers

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
barrybudden

Army school leavers

Post by barrybudden »

You will have to laugh at this.

I was up at Ballymena in December and they had an Army school leavers course in. There were about a dozen or more of them all very very young looking.

After about a week one wee lad goes up to the guard room and tells the guard cmdr hes off home for the night to see his mummy as he misses her. The guard cmdr told him he cant get out of camp for 6 weeks. The wee lad said "I'll be back in the morning see you."

Guard cmdr phones the gate and tells them to watch out for the wee lad. He ducks round the bloke on the gate and hes off.

He came in the next day and got told to stay at home with his mummy.

Another bloke on it from England with a lot of problems, fostered etc from he was a baby, not able to read or right. They all have to go to school and try and pass their GCSE's. He went into see the CO one day, sat down in his office and told him he wasnt there to go to school. He wanted "to crawl round in the muck and shoot people."

The CO told him he had to try his exams, they would teach him and not to worry and he was no use to the Army if he couldnt read/write.

He told the CO to "stick your job, I'm going back to England to sell drugs and its your fault for putting me out of here."