Share This Page:

RMR Uniform

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines Reserve.
Gunn

RMR Uniform

Post by Gunn »

Just curious but do the RMR wear the same Royal Marines Commando flashes on there shoulders like the regs do?
Skiffle

Post by Skiffle »

Yes, RMR wear and are entitled to wear exactly the same issue kit that the regs wear (including flashes and other badges).

That is everything from the basic combats recruits wear to full Blues for parades.

Other rigs also won by RMR include: nappies, womens clothing, nurses/ togas/ horror and Santa suits (all in the name of rig runs :roll: )

Oh and when on board ships, stockings and suspenders.....to keep the matloes away 8)
Chaos, Disorder, Destruction.....My work here is done!

"The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been. --- Alan Ashley Pitt"

Why can't you accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
Gunn

Post by Gunn »

Thanks Skiff, you in the RMR?
Hantslad

Post by Hantslad »

When did they do away with the little "R" under the commando flashes?
Skiffle

Post by Skiffle »

They did away with it when they couldn't be bothered to falk out money to get a 1000 or so badges with a solitary little R on it.
Chaos, Disorder, Destruction.....My work here is done!

"The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been. --- Alan Ashley Pitt"

Why can't you accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
Hantslad

Post by Hantslad »

sounds about right, always thought they were a waste of cloth!
Antubis

Post by Antubis »

Hantslad wrote:When did they do away with the little "R" under the commando flashes?
Sometime between 1991 & 1996 - they started life as a patch about 1" x 1" with the red 'R' in the middle and you had to take about a further 1/3- 1/2 inch off with a pair of scissors otherwise you looked a total nobber

I personally think the were binned was when the tests changed and the RMR peformed exactly the same Commando tests as regs.

Skiffle, you never got a set of Lovats issued did you ? I thought only DL's in the RMR got them ?
Courage and perserverance overcomes adversity.... It will come