Share This Page:

On Single Combat

Recommended Books you have read or great films you have watched.
wingtsun20

On Single Combat

Post by wingtsun20 »

Brilliant book written by WingTsun European Grandmaster Kieth R Kernspecht.
WingTsun has been taught to special forces and military units worldwide such as U.S. Marines, GSG9, Italian special forces also SEK(special forces police in Germany) etc...
Here's a FOREWORD about the book by Geoff Thompson. I saw him at an WingTsun seminar wearing a pink shirt! LOL...

http://realisticselfdefense.tripod.com/ ... ook-2.html

I think WingTsun is a great art and will be greatfully useful to armed forces especially the Royal Marines.
Unlike other arts with set sequences and katas. WingTsun has forms which the student after Chi-Sao training can flow in and out of each movement.
Chi-Sao training enables students to touch hands and feel each others pressures. This enables the person to fight by feeling rather than seeing!
Imaging prick urself with an needle in ur arm and how ur body reacts! Chi-Sao builds up the sensitivty on ur arms to enable fast movement with reflexs.
Its impressive what can be done with WingTsun. GM Kernspecht can punch 13 times a second also at seminars he can walk down a line of 20 guys attacking him. To him its like a walk in the park.
I've had fun fighting three people. I've been doing the art now for almost 3 years.
Also due to the training it makes you an awesome KNIFE FIGHTER!
Well look into the book On Single Combat and go have a look at the art WingTsun it will suprise you. Its very intelligent!
Hopefully one day it will be taught by our Commandos