Share This Page:

recruit selection test!

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Duncan

recruit selection test!

Post by Duncan »

have got my recruit selection test in a week. just wondering if any1 had any tips or advice 2 help me.

cheers lads.

Post by Guest »

All i can say, is good luck! :D

James
ashley

Post by ashley »

It's an apptitude test that last no more than an hour. From what I remember it consists of reasoning, maths, mechanics and English skills. Basically you're asked about shapes, patterns, vocabulary, mental arithmatic and whatnot. That sort of thing. Pretty similar stuff to GCSE Maths and Physics for a good portion of the test.

If you cope fine with the sample questions in the blue booklet then you should be all right for the real test. Otherwise, pick up a cheap book on psychometric tests from a bargain bookshop. You could even have a look through GCSE guides, they're pretty helpful as I don't remember any of the questions being above that level. Or, alternatively, there's plenty of sites on the web that have them.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... tric+tests
BigFatCivvy

Post by BigFatCivvy »

Honestly mate it is not that hard. I left school early, and have no qualifications, and maths sends me into a cold sweat, and I passed. My only advice is wear a suit! Me and three other guys took the test together, and the only one who failed wasn't wearing a suit. He was also really gobby in front of the staff. Good luck!
Now then, then now, now then now, now then. Never poo poo a poo poo. Damned stout fellow.
joshualoftus

Post by joshualoftus »

I agree, wear a shirt and tie/suit. Also, just make sure you pace yourself, don't spend too long on any one question so you don't run out of time. Best of luck mate,
Josh.
Check it out, Independently targetting particle-beam phalanx. VWAP! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart-missles, phased plasma pulse-rifles, RPG's. We got sonic electronic ballbreakers, we got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks..."
Andy

Post by Andy »

Something that may help you would be to rent a book from the library called ' Psychometric Tests ', as this is the type of test the recruits exam is. Start going over a few practise questions an hour or so before the exam on the subjects you'll be tested on:

Verbal Reasoning
Numeracy
Mechanical Comprehension,
...just to get your brain into that way of thinking.

To be honest though, unless you're a complete arse, it's a piece of piss.

Best of luck, let us know how you get on.