Share This Page:

French Foreign Legion

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Padre

Post by Padre »

Right so having an ARW flash as an avatar makes me a walter.That`s a good one alright.
And your on about me talking shit.As I`ve said before I`m just a civilian
with no military exp. whatsoever.And all this crap about talking the talk
I`m not trying to be one of the lads and all that shit nor do I want to be.
As for me being a Mormon, am I not entitled to ask questions as regards
how it affects me in any army never mind the Irish,but as always once religion comes up I always get this .IGNORANCE.
What`s wrong with asking do I have to drink Tea/Coffee?
What`s wrong with asking how things work in the army on the Sabbath?

Please answer cos I`m baffled what the problem is.
Optimum Optare.
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

Had a mormon in my platoon once. He was a Canadian, which to us was not quite an American. Hence his nick name was the "plastic Yank".

Actually, he wasn't a bad lad - pleasant enough and all that. He was just a bit too damned intelligent for his own good, with a distinct lack of common. Could give you the square root of a tin of beans but couldn't get the lid off.

He couldn't have caffein in any form and so he looked a bit of a plonker sipping his his fruit punch while the rest of the lads shared a brew.
Padre

Post by Padre »

I know training does`nt stop but in the Us army they have services for all denominations so I just wanted to know how it works in other forces.
:x
Optimum Optare.
jpb

Post by jpb »

padre,

you call yourself a civilian with no militery background, i have read your post's, what about "ultimate force" and "redcap", and the thread you started asking about the ARW .

as for the "the religion thing", you were the one who quoted all the problem's you would have with being in the militeryand i might add your post's on the irish site were a lot more childish and that's why the majority were deleted.

be honest, why don't you tell the guy's here what was in the thread you started on the irish site, that you thought yourself a little too inteligent for the militery and that the standered's of the rank and file were were a bit basic, you are sad :fist: ,

keep safe.

ps : tried to keep my sentence's shorter anglo-saxen, still can't believe that there's no swearing though :D
GARRYOWEN

Post by GARRYOWEN »

There is no bar to any person joining from Ireland but the vetting process is quite long.
FAR AWAY SO CLOSE!
Padre

Post by Padre »

Listen chief,I don`t think I`m too intelligent for any army or whatever .
Alot of people advised me against joining telling me it`s a mans army
and for people who would`nt be intellectuals.Now that`s what I`ve been told even by people who served in the PDF.So what`s wrong with asking about it-career advice,I was`nt slagging anyone or saying i was too smart or whatever,you must have some complex or something if questions like that annoy you.And you call me childish ,you come on this board giving
me all this over absolutely nothing and calling me sad,well pal it`s you the
one I feel sorry for.Have you nothing better to do.

Those who mind don`t matter ,those who matter don`t mind.
Optimum Optare.
jpb

Post by jpb »

padre,

just to set you straight, i have not said anything about myself on this board, i have read all your post's and find them a contradiction to your post's above, what you say now and what you have posted above are bull.

as for your post's on other site'sand starting thread's, that's what got me going, i don't think you are being honest with the guy's on this site but living out some walter mitty fantasy posting about unit's that by your own profile you will never join displaying an avator of a flash you may never see in real life.

from some of the profile's of some of the guy's here they are the real deal, you by your own discription here and on other site's are not :fist: ,

keep safe.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

If you two have got some things to settle off another board then please leave it there. I don't want to seem like an arse but jpb, you do seem to be here with the express purpose of getting at padre. Now if you think there is some reason for us not to answer his questions or whatever then please post a link or something to one of these threads you say is childish and let us make up our own minds instead of comeing here and telling us he's childish and arrogant. If you don't want to our can't provide the links please take your argument back to whatever board it started on. Thank you.

PS Padre, if it's causing so much trouble please can you change your avatar to something a little less controversial. However, jpd, other than that I have not seen padre claim to be part of any unit at all.
"This far and no further" - Britain, World War 1 & 2
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

wholley wrote:I think another waste of space just got pinged.
In clay pidgeon shooting terminoligy.
PULL.
Wholley.
:o
Seconded!
bob

Post by bob »

[quote="Aldo"]If you two have got some things to settle off another board then please leave it there. I don't want to seem like an arse but jpb, you do seem to be here with the express purpose of getting at padre. Now if you think there is some reason for us not to answer his questions or whatever then please post a link or something to one of these threads you say is childish and let us make up our own minds instead of comeing here and telling us he's childish and arrogant. If you don't want to our can't provide the links please take your argument back to whatever board it started on. Thank you

couldnt agree more Aldo....too much of this crud going on on too many sites......why dont you both get in a boxing ring and sort it out once and for all..instead of posting shite :evil:
posted to 40....40 in october...life ends at 42!!!
jpb

Post by jpb »

i must admit that i came on this site because one of your member's put a link in a post on our own site and having read some post's (padre's- now deleted) i find our little lost sheep spouting about the ARW, Marine's and the FFl, otherwise i would never have come here.

i am sorry to say that my computer literacy doe's not stretch to link's but they would be pointless as 50% of the above's post's have been deleted so no evidence,.

i registered after reading post's that were a contridiction to the above's profile and honestly did not mean to carry it on here, you guy's are right, i was wrong and let my frustration's get the better of me, i stand corrected.

keep safe.

ps : oh and padre......... :fist:
Padre

Post by Padre »

What knowledge have you of the ARW?Did you serve in it?Anything I`ve said about them is information in the public domain so I don`t know
what your on about.
This walter mitty argument you have is pathetic.Pure lunacy.So I`m living
in this fantasy,3 words for you GET A LIFE.
Do I have to pass selection to earn my avatar or something?
That`s all I`m saying on the matter.

P.s I`ll email you a picture of my olive green beret or kepi blanc or whatever when I earn it. :snipersmile:
Optimum Optare.
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Padre, nobody minds you having dreams or aspirations. What we cannot and will not abide is any deceit. Your profile describes you as disabled. You witter on about a group of soldiers you obviously would like to join, but from 'our' reading of your posts have no intention or capability of joining.
OK, that said, just enjoy the site, get into discussions, but please do not mislead anybody. Otherwise the appelation 'Walter' will have been earned well before the Kepi or the Beret.
JPB is simply trying to assist us by pre-empting what has apparently happened on another forum, for which I thank him.
End of handbagging please chaps.
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente