Share This Page:

Best RAF fighter jet in 2003 ?? Some info please

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
Marina

Post by Marina »

Hello Archie !

Nice to hear from you !
Believe it or not, I found this MF website by accident, I was looking for some military books to read, and then I clicked on ........suddenly I entered this whole new world (like Alice in Wonderland in a khaki sort of way and I got curious !).
Who is the Mad Hatter here !!

You seem like 'the Wise Man' when you are on medication !. Thanks alot for the info on the other sections. You lot have a good sense of humour
(whenever I can understand it !).

I better go

bye for now
SMOKING

Post by SMOKING »

Mad :- The majority. :crazyeyes:

Hatter :- Watch this space. --------- :wink:

SMOKING :2gunfire:
voodoo sprout

Post by voodoo sprout »

Skiffle wrote:They are also still considering the possibility of a 'hover', thats hover not HOOVER. Who would let a pilot into battle with a multimillion hoover, no matter how could a joke it might be :lol:

But the hover version is a possibility to replace the sea harriers which at sth momment have no replacment when they go out of service
Any links please? I always thought the V/STOl F35 would be doing that job, and they were even wondering whether that should be V/STOL. They did certainly have the idea of a conventional navalised Eurofighter at one point though, but I'd thought that had been scrapped too.
Fluffy bunnies - Grrrrr!
Archie

Post by Archie »

I agree with ol' Smokey

Mad = the overwhelming majority

Hatters = Half this forum are hatters and the other half wish they were.

Now who would like to explain to the fragrant Marina the "Hatter, brown, strangling for the use of".

Not me, I've never done that sort of thing and I'll never do it again :lol:
Archie.

"If there is a better way......find it!" (Thomas Alva Edison)
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Marina, 'Hatter'; 'Brown Hatter'; Pooftah; Shirt lifter; Elton John, etc. Get his drift?

I am of course celibate. I just celibated the overthrow of Saddams regime. :lol:
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
Archie

Post by Archie »

Thanks for clearing that up Oh Great one, and to think that all these years I thought they just wanted to buy us drinks cos we're such good hands.

It shocked my missus when she encountered so many brownies in the Hello Sailor, sorry, Jolly Sailor in Poole. She was even more shocked at our attitude of "what's wrong with you woman, a free wet is a free wet".

She had led a sheletered life up to that point, then she met Royal and his extended family.
Archie.

El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Doing the UK tour, canoeing and diving demo team, 1973ish. Late into Rugby, dropped the kit and went in search of a chipper, found out that a former Royal Marine ran a pub in the vicinity. So we wandered in, enquired of the barman, about said Bootneck, "He'll be down in a minute."
And then this blonde vision in velvet pants and a yellow chiffon blouse erupted down the stairs, absolutely crowing with voluptuous delight that Royal was in HIS bar. Archie, you ever owned a pub in Rugby? :lol:
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
Archie

Post by Archie »

(Gruff Voice) Naaaah not me mate, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I dont swear and I don't go with loose women ( or blokes)........

but I know a few who do. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Archie.

Archie

Post by Archie »

So anyway El Prez, did he look after you well, you can tell me, no one else reads this, honest.
Archie.

Sticky Blue

Post by Sticky Blue »

I think your secret is safe!!
Drums beating, colours flying and bayonets fixed...
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Marina

Post by Marina »

Archie & El Prez
Pardon !!
Hmmm !!! Hatter Brown or Brown Hatter = to the persuasion of Rock Hudson or George Michael types. Indeed.

I am becoming increasingly suspicious here ...... I bet this is another pulling of the leg again !!

I believe you now Smoking, most of the people here are absolutely bonkers !
SMOKING

Post by SMOKING »

Archie
I live in the Jolly sailor sorry Poole the pub's are not the
same as bygone day's.
As for hatters is it just conicidence this is a R.A.F. thread :wink:

:2gunfire: SMOKING
Archie

Post by Archie »

Marina, the slang of the Navy and the Corps is vast and complex.

When my pash (girlfriend) first met my oppos or wingers (friends) we all trogged (strolled) off to the Leg iron (British Legion Club). We had a few wets (drinks) and an oggy (Cornish pastie) before the pash and I sneaked off for a bit of horizontal gymnastics (you can work that one out for yourself.)

After her meeting with the lads she confessed that she had undertstood about 25% of what she heard, so I gave her my copy of a great book, "The Pussers Rum guide to Naval slang". If you want a great read, and a better understanding of the content here, I highly reccomend it.

PS you will need to be a little broad minded though!
Archie.

Archie

Post by Archie »

Hi Smoking,

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be, Do you remember Billy and Nobby hanging about in the George trying to trap any new bit of skin that turned up. And would we warn any new boys about them, of course not, why spoil the fun.

My favourite boozer in Poole was the Foundry when it was a Scrumpy den. Stevie Ambrose used to get free wets by betting tourists that he could drink a pint standing on his head, it worked every time, and by 13:45 when it was time to get back to the Hard he would often be more than a bit wobbly. He'd dissapear into the accomadation on our MK9 and sleep it off till 4 o'clock, happy days.

It seems the day of the Boozer are almost done, it's all about high profit p**s poor food and entertainment for the kiddies now, shame.
Archie.

Marina

Post by Marina »

Archie,

O.K !! Now , I'm beginning to understand the gist of your distinct language you boys converse in. I will get that book and read it with an open mind.
Mind you, I'm used to some of the expletive language my Prof uses when he is being harassed by aggressive female doctors or red tape ! ( I'm sure he was a Royal Marine in his previous life !). Most of the time he is a gentleman and I'm sure you boys are chivalrous too in your own unique way !

I have alot to learn !
Thanks for the tip !

From Marina (I.m going to eat some humble pie now !)