Share This Page:

How much time should you allow for build up training for ...

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
U0001

How much time should you allow for build up training for ...

Post by U0001 »

How much time should you allow for build up training for the SAS, how many months of hardcore training will it take to be able to pass Selection.

Some tips, books, help, suggestions etc would be greatly appreciated.

I live in Australia so it is SASR Selection, any differeces?
dan

Post by dan »

From what i've heard, 6 months is a solid amount of time to bring you up to a high standard of fitness assuming you have basic military fitness up to scratch. It's a bit like training for a marathon (with a pack strapped to you), lots and lots of long runs in boots, gradually introducing weight onto your back, building up to about 80lb of bergen weight towards the end. Long distance swimming is also vital. That should put you on reliable ground physically. Mental strength is a whole other hurdle. :D
U0001

Post by U0001 »

Thanks
wilson

Post by wilson »

Only you can say when you'll be ready! But unless your totally commited you havnt got a hope! Try doing some iron man events around the world and when you get good you need to get better! Remember your talking about the worlds elite!

Aye,
wilson
The only thing that stops your body before you pass out is your mind. Never give in!
salona

Post by salona »

My D.S told me that you should add on 2 months to the time that you think you should prepare for selection. Nowadays selection is more progressive so for the first phase they are actually building up your fitness for phase 2 or the hill phase. Saying that, the fitter you are prior to selection the easier it will be on yourself
podder

Post by podder »

i can recommend a book fot you. its calles fighting fit by adrain weales. its got a complete SAS training plan (as well as marines,paras etc). my copy was around 6 or 7 quid. hope that helped