Share This Page:

16 air assault

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
Scouse_liam

16 air assault

Post by Scouse_liam »

I ahve been watching a few afghan videos and have noticed that soem of the other regiemnts are wearing the 16 air assault badge on the arm. Why is this??? will i be apart of 16 air assault when i pass out
BE A w@#k OR A PARATROOPER."
2 PARA
Airborne Legend

Post by Airborne Legend »

It's not just Para Reg who are in 16 Air Assault, they have support arms attached to them like signalers, engineers and medics, they all wear the patch. As for whether you'll go there if you pass out, yeah probably, unless you're one of the lucky guys that comes to the SFSG.
There is no fear, there is only the force.

Do or do not, there is no try.
Scouse_liam

Post by Scouse_liam »

why is sfsg shit
BE A w@#k OR A PARATROOPER."
2 PARA
Airborne Legend

NO mate, SFSG is awesome.

bpt

Post by bpt »

You'd be near cardiff too, great city.
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Airborne Legend wrote:NO mate, SFSG is awesome.
Quite ally, but you do have bootnecks and RAF reg with you...kind of a downer. :lol:

Worked with the booties from sfsg actually, good bunch. Some great banter :wink:
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
JayBuckley

Post by JayBuckley »

Airborne Legend wrote:It's not just Para Reg who are in 16 Air Assault, they have support arms attached to them like signalers, engineers and medics, they all wear the patch. As for whether you'll go there if you pass out, yeah probably, unless you're one of the lucky guys that comes to the SFSG.
I want to go to SFSG but at the moment i am just going to concentrate on passing out... Can't wait for November 16th now seems like time is slowing down grrrr! :evil:
Application (Paras) - Done
Barb Maths & English tests - Done
Medical - Done
Interviews - Done
ADSC - Passed!!
Intake - November 16th!

jay-buckley@hotmail.co.uk
mutter1

Post by mutter1 »

Airborne Legend wrote:NO mate, SFSG is awesome.
Here's a question, are your lot refered to as "sof" special operations forces now....just being nosey 8)
Airborne Legend

Nope, I'm sure it'll change at some point, as will the capbadge etc but not yet.

Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Airborne Legend wrote:Nope, I'm sure it'll change at some point, as will the capbadge etc but not yet.
Cap badge change would snap alot of para reg, surely.

How do you feel about loosing your maroon machine? :-?
Tab

Post by Tab »

The lads in 1 Para still look upon them selfs as Para's with a slightly different job. Now if they change one para's name then they will have to change 2 & 3 Para as well. and they would all have to drop down a number. No Regiment starts with out it's first Battalion.
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Tab wrote:The lads in 1 Para still look upon them selfs as Para's with a slightly different job. Now if they change one para's name then they will have to change 2 & 3 Para as well. and they would all have to drop down a number. No Regiment starts with out it's first Battalion.
I dread the day they start fcuking around with one of the proudest regiments in the world. Sir Mike Jackson saved 1 Para by giving it a new role. I cant see us being left alone for much longer.

Bastards. :evil:
Airborne Legend

I can tell you for sure it WILL happen, I'm not that bothered. The blokes are still the same and that's what's important. If I'm honest I think some of the Reg attitudes towards things don't fit in very well with the new role. We have to accept things aren't the same as the other battalions and the sooner that happens the better we'll evolve. Some of the new (straight from depot) blokes find it hard when they get here because of the changing attitudes. Don't get me wrong, this is still a very wretched place on occasion :drinking: :wink: but it's definitely different, maybe a little bit more grown up.

timex

Post by timex »

Airborne Legend wrote:Nope, I'm sure it'll change at some point, as will the capbadge etc but not yet.
If they do try to change capbadge will that mean the other members of SFSG (RM and RAF Regt) will do the same? Cannot see any reason for it but thats way beyond my pay scale.
Tab

Post by Tab »

Now if they change 1 Para to go under a different title what would happen to the jump pay