Share This Page:

do you get much leavei.e. 2c faily on TG course?

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

:-?
Is that a wah?
:roll:
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

bushyredsocks wrote:watever
Yea, I thought so.
pentrich

Post by pentrich »

LondonBoy, if things as small as this get you irritated, I hate to wonder how you react when a bus doesnt wait for you or somebody doesnt move out the way on the pavement. Take it easy mate, he was only cutting corners on typing, and by the looks of things you have a lot of spare time (over 300 posts) so surely you dont mind spending a few seconds longer trying to understand the acronyms.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

They irritate me as well and I have many more posts than London Boy. :evil:
Sully

Post by Sully »

Listen in dude. You will find many very mellow people in the forces who have been through some extreme (no limits...gripped...sorted...zzzz) experiences. Maybe that explains the mellowness along with the discipline which in a 'arbeit macht frei' kind of way sets you free. Thing is you sometimes have to have a shared experience to fully appreciate and benefit from it - which can be a bit of a drag to the uninitiated.

As to the matter in hand, a fella has asked for help but can't be bovvered to express himself clearly or considerately. I can only speak from experience in the RM but attention to detail is one (very important) thing but a lack of consideration for others can be fatal to a career in the Corps. We helped each other to an extreme degree - but we didn't help those who wouldn't help themselves and we didn't take passengers.
Per Flank, Per Tank
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

pentrich wrote:LondonBoy, if things as small as this get you irritated, I hate to wonder how you react when a bus doesnt wait for you or somebody doesnt move out the way on the pavement. Take it easy mate, he was only cutting corners on typing, and by the looks of things you have a lot of spare time (over 300 posts) so surely you dont mind spending a few seconds longer trying to understand the acronyms.
Read what Sully said in reply to you. That says all I need to say.
pentrich

Post by pentrich »

Sure I get that Sully, but surely making an issue out of nothing is wasting everybodies time. Constructive criticism is far more effective, something one learns by the packet load in the forces.

there are far too many people like LondonBoy cluttering the worlds online forums with silly time-wasting remarks. A nice famous saying sums it up: 'nothing is neither right nor wrong, but what thinking makes it so'

So why shoot somebody you dont even know down in flames when all they are doing is asking an honest question just because you think they are going about it in the wrong way? try to open your mind a bit, you may just find the differences between people make the world more interesting!
insert-coin-here

Post by insert-coin-here »

The thing is if some sprog pitched up in the squadron canteen and started bleating in chav/batco he would probably get a much harsher response than our fella here has.If he is aspiring to join our particular brand of simians it is best to nip that sort of thing in the bud as soon as possible....its for the good of everyone 8)
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

hhhhhmmmm.....
Last edited by London Boy on Mon 14 Apr, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

The basic premise of what we're telling you is, if you want people to take the time to read your post, and give you the information you're seeking, then you should take the time to write your post in a legible manner. It's a matter of respect. By dashing off some scrawl you are sending a message that your question isn't even important enough to you to warrant taking a few extra seconds over.
And that IS all it would take to write in proper words instead of textspeak, because the only difference in the typing is that you have to hit a couple of extra keys - but it gives a much better impression to the readers.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
bushyredsocks

Post by bushyredsocks »

Yeah hyperlithe, you're completely right about that, but its just the way in which he was slated for what he said which just wasnt fair. You have a point but there's alot more respectable way to tell someone. You should have said that in the first place rather than everyone taking digs at the lad
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

All he had to do was read through the'Terms and Conditions'For this site.
Not real difficult.
bushyredsocks

Post by bushyredsocks »

Yeah but who ACTUALLY does that. Except for losers with too much time on their hands...
pentrich

Post by pentrich »

How many people on any forum can actually honestly say they read the 'Terms of use'? The same kind of people who before installing anything new on their PC reads before clicking 'Next'?
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

I also wonder how many people actually read maps and orders before they get their people into a whole world of hurt.
Comprende?