Share This Page:

RAF fast jet pilot

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
UKfighter

RAF fast jet pilot

Post by UKfighter »

I am hoping to become a pilot, i will fly anything if need be but I really want to become a fast jet pilot, does anybody know what teh RAF will be looking for when it comes down to RAF pilot
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Spelling is right up there,along with grammar. :o
Tab

Post by Tab »

There are only a handful places each year for pilots, so they will pick the brightest and fittest ones they can find. Also they will be looking for people that will fit into their life style
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

Tab, you mean they want people who refuse to turn up on Wednesday? :lol:
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Tab wrote:they will be looking for people that will fit into their life style
Maybe you`d be better off joining the London Gay Men`s Choir, UKfighter 8)
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Nothing if not helpful ain't we? :o
The Stig

Re: RAF fast jet pilot

Post by The Stig »

UKfighter wrote:I am hoping to become a pilot, i will fly anything if need be but I really want to become a fast jet pilot, does anybody know what teh RAF will be looking for when it comes down to RAF pilot
I spent a day with 9 Sqn RAF Marham a couple of years ago and spent most of the day with a GR4 crew!

i asked the pilot pretty much the same question u did mate: "what does it take to become a pilot" and his response summed it up!

"10 A's GCSE. 4 A's at A-level, a Academic Degree always helps, Mr up to date with current affairs, lots of potential to be a leader, eyesight better then a hawk!" never forget that lol i tried for 6th form sponsorship as pilot and didnt get in as i was slighty short sighted! so make sure u go for an eyesight test at specsavers! £20 but its worth it so you dont go all the way to OASC and get turned down for your eyesight!

I'm now going for WSOp as its aircrew but your allowed to have "average" eyesight :lol: